Old 10-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Johnny Rosenberg

Default Customising the title bar, how?

Before I installed Ubuntu 12.04 I had Ubuntu 10.10 installed, and I
used Emerald for window decoration. It was very nice for customising
things, but it crashed now and then during starting up Ubuntu.
Emerald is, however, no longer included in the software centre, so I
don't use it since I installed Ubuntu 12.04.

Still I want to customise the title bar, but I'm not sure how. Is
there a text file somewhere that I can edit? I guess a graphical user
interface would be too much too ask for in this case, right?

As default the title bar looks like this:
Cancel – Minimise – Maximise → Window title → (Nothing to the right)

I would like something like this (which also was my old settings that
I had in Emerald):
Cancel → Window title → Roll up/down – Allways on top – Menu
Double click in title bar for maximise/normal
Virtual desktops makes a minimise function obsolete for me, so I don't
need that button at all.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・*ーゼンバーグ