-   -   How does xwindow and the desktop start automatically? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/710561-how-does-xwindow-desktop-start-automatically.html)

Mikie 10-08-2012 04:44 PM

How does xwindow and the desktop start automatically?

Jockey says:
xorg:fglrx - ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver (Proprietary, Disabled, Not in use)
xorg:fglrx_updates - ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver (psot-release updates) (Proprietary, Disabled, Not in use)

Again I was runing Ubuntu 64 bit desktop no problems and booted right into a desktop with this driver enabled.
After the 12.04.1 updates finished installing, and then requested a reboot, I boot to a bash prompt.
When I startx manually, I get white vertical lines all over my primary monitor.

What gives Ubuntu people?

Do you hate me?