Old 10-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Amichai Rotman

Default Creating a Mini Site for Installing Software in Ubuntu

Hi,
I'd like to create a mini web site with links to my favorite / recommended applications to be installed after installing a fresh Ubuntu. A web site I can send to newbies and I can use right after I finish installing and updating Ubuntu.*

I'd like the site to look similar to the*Ubuntu Software Center Catalog, but will include the apps I choose, with a screenshot, a description and a "button" to click on (actually an 'apt://' link) to trigger the installation.

Is there a tutorial for creating such links?
It would be nice if I could create a user on the said site, add my favorite apps to a list and publish that list...

I've seen some such links on one of the Ubuntu related sites (can't remember where).
Thanks!

Amichai Rotman
*Penguin - FLOSS Computer Service and Technical Consulting
*+972-73-7962360 || *+972-54-4605787