Old 10-06-2012, 03:01 AM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

Default GRUB badly broken during upgrade

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Avi Greenbury <lists@avi.co> wrote:
>> Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

>>> When I had just installed Xubuntu, the grub menu would show its
>>> 3.0.0-26 kernel at the first two lines, followed by memtest, then the
>>> Ubuntu 2.6.x kernels with an explicit root for Ubuntu. The 3.0.0
>>> lines would boot to Xubuntu, and the 2.6 lines to Ubuntu. I'd like to
>>> get back to that state.
>>
>> I'm still not sure I understand. Just to be clear, your system and its
>> kernels are all on the same volume? That being the case, when it
>> worked you cannot possibly have had more than one of any of the things
>> I can think of that I'd call 'roots'. That being the case, I don't
>> think it matters what we call them
>
> Let me try to clarify. I did indeed have two roots on the same
> volume, abeit not simultaneously. The GRUB menu had entries for both
> of them that would put me in the system I chose. In other words, it
> was just multibooting two alternative Linux setups. This was
> accomplished by the Xubuntu 12.04 GRUB, which I can no longer access.

>> Right now, on boot, your system goes straight to a grub rescue prompt?
>> (as in the prompt is 'grub rescue>')? That implies a broken grub and
>> the easiest way round that is normally to boot from a grub CD or DVD
>> and reinstall (or inspect) it from there.
>>
>> The Super Grub Disk is popular and here:
>> http://www.supergrubdisk.org/
>>
>> But I've found that there's a few sets of hardware on which that wont
>> boot but Grub 1 will. I've an ISO for that here:
>> http://avi.co/s/grub1.iso
>>
>> If you do get it to boot, could you let us know what you did? And, on
>> trying another grub-install how you invoked it and what it said.
>
> I'll try the supergrub. I don't want to get too far from what was working.

I tried supergrub with no luck

I've burned a supergrub disk, version 0.9799, the latest not-beta I could find.
Its help did not do that much for me, so I fumbled around a bit.
Because I have several partitions, I chose manual operation
- GRUB -> MBR & !LINUX! (>-2) MANUAL
- This gave me
-- selectfile /grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage1
-- ERROR 15: File not found!

So I tried
- !LINUX!| (>=2) MANUAL
- This gave me
-- selectfile /boot/grub/menu.lst /grub/menu.lst
/boot/grub/grub.conf /grub/grub.conf
-- ERROR 15: File not found!

So I tried
- (ROOT) !LINUX! (>=2) MANUAL
- This gave me choices
-- It identified the systems on the two root partitions
correctly. The Xubuntu partition (hd0,1) failed, so I tried Ubuntu
(hd0,6), which also failed, but here I'll give details (the two failed
in very similar ways):
-- It showed me the vmlinux files, I chose the most recent
-- It showed me the initrd files, and I chose the matching one
-- It started booting
-- It gave up waiting for the root device and gave me some
possible causes (I'm not sure how to check on rootdelay= and root=)
-- It complained about a disk being unavailable and gave me the
UUID it was looking for
-- Then it could not load the /lib/modules file it wanted
-- and dropped me in busybox, which seems to be a simple shell
running in a ramdisk. It has no /dev/sd* entries, so it seems pretty
useless.

I booted an Xubuntu 12.04.1 live disk
- with blkid, I verified that the UUID it failed to find is (hd0,6)
aka /dev/sdb7) There are 3 drives in the system, but only one has a
partition 7, so there was no confusion
- "grub-install /dev/sda" fails, complaining it "cannot find a device
for /boot/grub (is /dev/ mounted?)"
- mounting /dev/sdb7 and chrooting to it does not fix this problem

I'm out of ideas at the moment....

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman

Old 10-06-2012, 06:30 AM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> -- It started booting
> -- It gave up waiting for the root device and gave me some
> possible causes (I'm not sure how to check on rootdelay= and root=)
> -- It complained about a disk being unavailable and gave me the
> UUID it was looking for
> -- Then it could not load the /lib/modules file it wanted
> -- and dropped me in busybox, which seems to be a simple shell
> running in a ramdisk. It has no /dev/sd* entries, so it seems pretty
> useless.
>
> I booted an Xubuntu 12.04.1 live disk
> - with blkid, I verified that the UUID it failed to find is (hd0,6)
> aka /dev/sdb7) There are 3 drives in the system, but only one has a
> partition 7, so there was no confusion
> - "grub-install /dev/sda" fails, complaining it "cannot find a device
> for /boot/grub (is /dev/ mounted?)"
> - mounting /dev/sdb7 and chrooting to it does not fix this problem

Well, not completely. The Xubuntu install is really fresh, and I
could back up the few things I configured, so I've re-installed. It
runs and my web site is back up. My mind is at ease enough to let it
be while I'm out of town much of tomorrow.

I think I know what caused the problem:
Ubuntu 10.10 and Xubuntu 12.04 have somewhat different grubs. It
shows in the way hard disks are named, for instance.
After installing 12.04 all was well.
But then I upgraded Ubutnu 10.04 to 10.10 and allowed its grub to fool
with things because its kernel was upgraded. One thing led to another
and the two grubs destroyed each others' work.

If anybody knows what I did wrong with the supergrub attempt, I'd like
to make a note of it.
--
Kevin O'Gorman

Old 10-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Tom H

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I had just installed Xubuntu, the grub menu would show its
> 3.0.0-26 kernel at the first two lines, followed by memtest, then the
> Ubuntu 2.6.x kernels with an explicit root for Ubuntu. The 3.0.0
> lines would boot to Xubuntu, and the 2.6 lines to Ubuntu.

Please run bootinfoscript [1] and upload the results because I (for
one) don't understand your description of your setup.

1. http://sourceforge.net/projects/bootinfoscript/files/bootinfoscript/

Old 10-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Tom H

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Update: I researched GRUB a little. I can now get the grub rescue to
>>> restore its 'normal' module, and boot a rescue kernel, which I can get
>>> into a root console session of the just-upgraded Ubuntu.
>>> NOTE: here's where I'm really glad I give root a password. The kernel
>>> requires a root password for this to work.
>>
>> Please don't pollute the list with nonsense regarding single user mode
>> and enabling root in Ubuntu (for the second time).
>>
>> You're being prompted for root's password because you've enabled root.
>> If root's password's locked, you get a root prompt directly.
>
> If that's true, it's new and news to me. I clearly remember being in
> the hell of having this capability unavailable because root had no
> password. It was quite a while ago, but established this mind-set
> pretty firmly. Once I get this running again -- and I'm sure a normal
> boot will work -- I'll experiment with it and maybe change my ways.
>
> I also have to say I don't understand your use of the phrase "root's
> password's locked" -- I'm not aware of locking or unlocking it, just
> of setting a password where there did not appear to be one before.

Single-user logon may or may but not have been broken at some point in
some Ubuntu release (I've never come across this problem but I might
have needed to boot in single-user mode when it was broken) but, by
design, if root's password is locked, you're dropped to a root prompt.
Ubuntu also has a "friendly-recovery" package that's installed by
default and gives you a dialog box about single-user options but I
never use it.

The (mechanical not philosophical) reason that root is "disabled" on
Ubuntu is that the password field for the "root ..." line in
"/etc/shadow" is a "!" or a "*" (I've forgotten which it is but both
work). If you "enable" root and later want to "disable" it, you have
to run "passwd {-l | --lock}" and the password field for the "root
..." line in "/etc/shadow" will be prepended with a "!".

Old 10-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Tom H

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was interested enough to try it on this laptop, and find you're
> right. Rescue mode can access root without a password, and my little
> tweak actually makes it harder rather than easier. I'll never give
> root a password again, because that remembered debacle was my only
> reason for doing it.

I wasn't trying to convince to change, only pointing out that
single-user mode works correctly in a default Ubuntu root-locked
setup!

BTW, I was sent this 2005 bug [1] off-list and there may be others.
It's not quite related to a default setup since root's unlocked and
them locked again but...

1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sysvinit/+bug/18937

Old 10-07-2012, 05:23 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I was interested enough to try it on this laptop, and find you're
>> right. Rescue mode can access root without a password, and my little
>> tweak actually makes it harder rather than easier. I'll never give
>> root a password again, because that remembered debacle was my only
>> reason for doing it.
>
> I wasn't trying to convince to change, only pointing out that
> single-user mode works correctly in a default Ubuntu root-locked
> setup!
>
> BTW, I was sent this 2005 bug [1] off-list and there may be others.
> It's not quite related to a default setup since root's unlocked and
> them locked again but...
>
> 1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sysvinit/+bug/18937

That bug is interesting, but not relevant to my experience. I
reverted to no password, not a present-but-locked root by changing the
entire password field in /etc/shadow to a single '!', as it is when
installed. I'm not sure why it's '!' instead of '*' like most of the
other system accounts, but it seems to work.

There have been times when sudo did not work well with graphical
things, but there are adequate workarounds like a linux console. That
being the case, I no longer have reason to break with the Ubuntu way
of doing things.

I've also been told that gksu(1) would help for some things, but I've
never really understood the difference between it and sudo well enough
to know when to use it.

--
Kevin O'Gorman

Old 10-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Colin Law

On 7 October 2012 18:23, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've also been told that gksu(1) would help for some things, but I've
> never really understood the difference between it and sudo well enough
> to know when to use it.

It is usually easy to know which to use. If the command will just to
run in the terminal (eg apt-get update) then use sudo. If it will
bring up a graphical interface (gksu means graphical sudo) such as
gedit or nautilus then use gksu.

Colin

Old 10-07-2012, 05:37 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> When I had just installed Xubuntu, the grub menu would show its
>> 3.0.0-26 kernel at the first two lines, followed by memtest, then the
>> Ubuntu 2.6.x kernels with an explicit root for Ubuntu. The 3.0.0
>> lines would boot to Xubuntu, and the 2.6 lines to Ubuntu.
>
> Please run bootinfoscript [1] and upload the results because I (for
> one) don't understand your description of your setup.
>
> 1. http://sourceforge.net/projects/bootinfoscript/files/bootinfoscript/

Nice script.

When I ran this, the apparent state of things was that I had a working
Xubuntu 12.04.1 on /dev/sdb2, and an unbootable Ubuntu 11.10 on
/dev/sdb7.

This brokenness of the 11.10 does not particularly trouble me, since I
was migrating towards Xubuntu anyway, and I can mount the older setup
to retrieve what I need. At the moment, I'm reluctant to try to
rectify it for fear of losing the bootability of the Xubuntu. I've
had to reinstall it once already, and I'd rather not do it again.

--
Kevin O'Gorman

Old 10-07-2012, 05:37 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

Old 10-07-2012, 05:38 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> When I had just installed Xubuntu, the grub menu would show its
>>> 3.0.0-26 kernel at the first two lines, followed by memtest, then the
>>> Ubuntu 2.6.x kernels with an explicit root for Ubuntu. The 3.0.0
>>> lines would boot to Xubuntu, and the 2.6 lines to Ubuntu.
>>
>> Please run bootinfoscript [1] and upload the results because I (for
>> one) don't understand your description of your setup.
>>
>> 1. http://sourceforge.net/projects/bootinfoscript/files/bootinfoscript/
>
> Nice script.
>
> When I ran this, the apparent state of things was that I had a working
> Xubuntu 12.04.1 on /dev/sdb2, and an unbootable Ubuntu 11.10 on
> /dev/sdb7.
>
> This brokenness of the 11.10 does not particularly trouble me, since I
> was migrating towards Xubuntu anyway, and I can mount the older setup
> to retrieve what I need. At the moment, I'm reluctant to try to
> rectify it for fear of losing the bootability of the Xubuntu. I've
> had to reinstall it once already, and I'd rather not do it again.

Oh, and the results of the bootinfo script are attached.

--
Kevin O'Gorman

Boot Info Script 0.61 [1 April 2012]

============================= Boot Info Summary: ===============================

=> Grub2 (v1.99) is installed in the MBR of /dev/sda and looks at sector 1 of
the same hard drive for core.img. core.img is at this location and uses an
embedded config file:

search.fs_uuid a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024 root
set prefix=($root)/boot/grub
-----.
=> Grub2 (v1.99) is installed in the MBR of /dev/sdb and looks at sector 1 of
the same hard drive for core.img. core.img is at this location and looks
for (,msdos2)/boot/grub on this drive.
=> Grub2 (v1.99) is installed in the MBR of /dev/sdc and looks at sector 1 of
the same hard drive for core.img. core.img is at this location and uses an
embedded config file:

search.fs_uuid a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024 root
set prefix=($root)/boot/grub
-----.

sda1: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: ext3
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:
Operating System:
Boot files:

sda4: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: Extended Partition
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:

sda5: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: ext4
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:
Operating System:
Boot files:

sda6: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: ext4
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:
Operating System:
Boot files:

sdb2: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: ext4
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:
Operating System: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS
Boot files: /boot/grub/grub.cfg /etc/fstab /boot/grub/core.img

sdb3: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: ext3
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:
Operating System:
Boot files:

sdb4: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: Extended Partition
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:

sdb5: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: ext2
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:
Operating System:
Boot files:

sdb6: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: vfat
Boot sector type: FAT32
Boot sector info: According to the info in the boot sector, sdb6 starts
at sector 0. But according to the info from fdisk,
sdb6 starts at sector 483936256.
Operating System:
Boot files:

sdb7: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: ext3
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:
Operating System: Ubuntu 11.10
Boot files: /boot/grub/grub.cfg /etc/fstab

sdb8: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: swap
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:

sdb9: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: ext4
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:
Operating System:
Boot files:

sdb10: __________________________________________________ _______________________

File system: ext4
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:
Operating System:
Boot files:

sdb11: __________________________________________________ _______________________

File system: ext4
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:
Operating System:
Boot files:

sdb12: __________________________________________________ _______________________

File system: ext4
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:
Operating System:
Boot files:

sdc1: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: ext3
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:
Operating System:
Boot files:

sdc4: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: Extended Partition
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:

sdc5: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: ext4
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:
Operating System:
Boot files:

sdc6: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: ext4
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:
Operating System:
Boot files:

============================ Drive/Partition Info: =============================

Drive: sda __________________________________________________ ___________________

Disk /dev/sda: 500.1 GB, 500107862016 bytes
81 heads, 63 sectors/track, 191411 cylinders, total 976773168 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes

Partition Boot Start Sector End Sector # of Sectors Id System

/dev/sda1 63 99,988,181 99,988,119 c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/sda4 99,988,560 976,773,167 876,784,608 5 Extended
/dev/sda5 99,990,608 519,421,007 419,430,400 83 Linux
/dev/sda6 519,423,056 976,773,167 457,350,112 83 Linux

Drive: sdb __________________________________________________ ___________________

Disk /dev/sdb: 500.1 GB, 500107862016 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 60801 cylinders, total 976773168 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes

Partition Boot Start Sector End Sector # of Sectors Id System

/dev/sdb2 280,580,096 414,814,207 134,234,112 83 Linux
/dev/sdb3 * 414,814,365 481,933,934 67,119,570 83 Linux
/dev/sdb4 481,935,358 976,771,071 494,835,714 5 Extended
/dev/sdb5 481,935,360 483,934,207 1,998,848 83 Linux
/dev/sdb6 483,936,256 491,933,695 7,997,440 83 Linux
/dev/sdb7 491,935,744 570,058,751 78,123,008 83 Linux
/dev/sdb8 570,060,800 586,059,775 15,998,976 82 Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/sdb9 586,061,824 714,059,775 127,997,952 83 Linux
/dev/sdb10 714,061,824 764,841,983 50,780,160 83 Linux
/dev/sdb11 764,844,032 807,811,071 42,967,040 83 Linux
/dev/sdb12 807,813,120 976,771,071 168,957,952 83 Linux

Drive: sdc __________________________________________________ ___________________

Disk /dev/sdc: 500.1 GB, 500107862016 bytes
81 heads, 63 sectors/track, 191411 cylinders, total 976773168 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes

Partition Boot Start Sector End Sector # of Sectors Id System

/dev/sdc1 63 99,988,181 99,988,119 c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/sdc4 99,988,560 976,773,167 876,784,608 5 Extended
/dev/sdc5 99,990,608 519,421,007 419,430,400 83 Linux
/dev/sdc6 519,423,056 976,773,167 457,350,112 83 Linux

"blkid" output: __________________________________________________ ______________

Device UUID TYPE LABEL

/dev/sda1 23129106-a61c-4ae5-9d77-09ef8a792319 ext3 tmp
/dev/sda5 84d51cc7-c294-4a00-b75b-be9d83ba9038 ext4 kevin
/dev/sda6 fe7c7e5c-47d3-4330-a496-28ae98297c9b ext4 oldRaid
/dev/sdb10 8fb134f1-35b0-424c-8db4-b60814982552 ext4 khex-real
/dev/sdb11 df79f6a5-96ed-46fb-924f-19f8bc2e4bda ext4 kbuild-real
/dev/sdb12 20f31439-2df8-4a83-8572-326dc9594536 ext4 hex-real
/dev/sdb2 f71d3572-440d-4c3c-98b0-be3d3227d55a ext4 xuroot
/dev/sdb3 60c8314b-722c-4b6f-a8a5-964f0e33164f ext3 u00
/dev/sdb5 fb7f1eb3-5acb-4159-8c95-c1409422ca6e ext2 boot
/dev/sdb6 2A88-3BB4 vfat vfat2
/dev/sdb7 a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024 ext3 treat-new
/dev/sdb8 8b3a6d4a-8881-48c0-aff8-f77f70e096bf swap
/dev/sdb9 aff4a911-f92b-4564-9c67-eaf4304f2c53 ext4 home-real
/dev/sdc1 84d93026-ac44-4a8b-927a-55fd3085c796 ext3 newtmp
/dev/sdc5 dc51ddcb-e379-4a6b-b172-27298d1b05ea ext4 back
/dev/sdc6 7b576049-a722-4c3f-a925-5ca0811c1377 ext4 x3

================================ Mount points: =================================

Device Mount_Point Type Options

/dev/sda1 /tmp ext3 (rw,acl)
/dev/sda5 /home/kevin/old-dotfiles ext4 (rw,acl)
/dev/sda6 /oldRaid ext4 (rw,acl)
/dev/sdb10 /home/kevin/hex ext4 (rw,acl)
/dev/sdb11 /home/kevin/hex/build ext4 (rw,acl)
/dev/sdb12 /hex ext4 (rw,acl)
/dev/sdb2 / ext4 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/sdb3 /u00 ext3 (rw,acl)
/dev/sdb5 /old-boot ext2 (rw,acl)
/dev/sdb6 /vfat2 vfat (rw,noexec)
/dev/sdb7 /utreat ext3 (rw,acl)
/dev/sdb9 /oldhome ext4 (rw,acl)
/dev/sdc1 /newtmp ext3 (rw,acl)
/dev/sdc5 /back ext4 (rw,acl)
/dev/sdc6 /x3 ext4 (rw,acl)

=========================== sdb2/boot/grub/grub.cfg: ===========================

#
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
#
# It is automatically generated by grub-mkconfig using templates
# from /etc/grub.d and settings from /etc/default/grub
#

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/00_header ###
if [ -s $prefix/grubenv ]; then
set have_grubenv=true
load_env
fi
set default="0"
if [ "${prev_saved_entry}" ]; then
set saved_entry="${prev_saved_entry}"
save_env saved_entry
set prev_saved_entry=
save_env prev_saved_entry
set boot_once=true
fi

function savedefault {
if [ -z "${boot_once}" ]; then
saved_entry="${chosen}"
save_env saved_entry
fi
}

function recordfail {
set recordfail=1
if [ -n "${have_grubenv}" ]; then if [ -z "${boot_once}" ]; then save_env recordfail; fi; fi
}

function load_video {
insmod vbe
insmod vga
insmod video_bochs
insmod video_cirrus
}

insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd1,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b
if loadfont /usr/share/grub/unicode.pf2 ; then
set gfxmode=auto
load_video
insmod gfxterm
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd1,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b
set locale_dir=($root)/boot/grub/locale
set lang=en_US
insmod gettext
fi
terminal_output gfxterm
if [ "${recordfail}" = 1 ]; then
set timeout=-1
else
set timeout=10
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/00_header ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/05_debian_theme ###
set menu_color_normal=white/black
set menu_color_highlight=black/light-gray
### END /etc/grub.d/05_debian_theme ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/10_linux ###
function gfxmode {
set gfxpayload="${1}"
if [ "${1}" = "keep" ]; then
set vt_handoff=vt.handoff=7
else
set vt_handoff=
fi
}
if [ "${recordfail}" != 1 ]; then
if [ -e ${prefix}/gfxblacklist.txt ]; then
if hwmatch ${prefix}/gfxblacklist.txt 3; then
if [ ${match} = 0 ]; then
set linux_gfx_mode=keep
else
set linux_gfx_mode=text
fi
else
set linux_gfx_mode=text
fi
else
set linux_gfx_mode=keep
fi
else
set linux_gfx_mode=text
fi
export linux_gfx_mode
if [ "${linux_gfx_mode}" != "text" ]; then load_video; fi
menuentry 'Ubuntu, with Linux 3.2.0-31-generic-pae' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
recordfail
gfxmode $linux_gfx_mode
insmod gzio
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd1,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-31-generic-pae root=UUID=ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b ro quiet splash $vt_handoff
initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-31-generic-pae
}
menuentry 'Ubuntu, with Linux 3.2.0-31-generic-pae (recovery mode)' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
recordfail
insmod gzio
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd1,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b
echo 'Loading Linux 3.2.0-31-generic-pae ...'
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-31-generic-pae root=UUID=ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b ro recovery nomodeset
echo 'Loading initial ramdisk ...'
initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-31-generic-pae
}
submenu "Previous Linux versions" {
menuentry 'Ubuntu, with Linux 3.2.0-31-generic' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
recordfail
gfxmode $linux_gfx_mode
insmod gzio
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd1,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-31-generic root=UUID=ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b ro quiet splash $vt_handoff
initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-31-generic
}
menuentry 'Ubuntu, with Linux 3.2.0-31-generic (recovery mode)' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
recordfail
insmod gzio
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd1,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b
echo 'Loading Linux 3.2.0-31-generic ...'
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-31-generic root=UUID=ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b ro recovery nomodeset
echo 'Loading initial ramdisk ...'
initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-31-generic
}
menuentry 'Ubuntu, with Linux 3.2.0-29-generic' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
recordfail
gfxmode $linux_gfx_mode
insmod gzio
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd1,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-29-generic root=UUID=ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b ro quiet splash $vt_handoff
initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-29-generic
}
menuentry 'Ubuntu, with Linux 3.2.0-29-generic (recovery mode)' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
recordfail
insmod gzio
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd1,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b
echo 'Loading Linux 3.2.0-29-generic ...'
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-29-generic root=UUID=ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b ro recovery nomodeset
echo 'Loading initial ramdisk ...'
initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-29-generic
}
}
### END /etc/grub.d/10_linux ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen ###
### END /etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/20_memtest86+ ###
menuentry "Memory test (memtest86+)" {
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd1,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b
linux16 /boot/memtest86+.bin
}
menuentry "Memory test (memtest86+, serial console 115200)" {
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd1,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b
linux16 /boot/memtest86+.bin console=ttyS0,115200n8
}
### END /etc/grub.d/20_memtest86+ ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober ###
menuentry "Ubuntu, with Linux 3.0.0-26-generic-pae (on /dev/sdb7)" --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd1,msdos7)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.0.0-26-generic-pae root=/dev/sda7 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
}
menuentry "Ubuntu, with Linux 3.0.0-26-generic-pae (recovery mode) (on /dev/sdb7)" --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd1,msdos7)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.0.0-26-generic-pae root=/dev/sda7 ro recovery nomodeset
}
menuentry "Ubuntu, with Linux 2.6.38-16-generic-pae (on /dev/sdb7)" --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd1,msdos7)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024
linux /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.38-16-generic-pae root=UUID=a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.38-16-generic-pae
}
menuentry "Ubuntu, with Linux 2.6.38-16-generic-pae (recovery mode) (on /dev/sdb7)" --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd1,msdos7)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024
linux /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.38-16-generic-pae root=UUID=a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024 ro recovery nomodeset
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.38-16-generic-pae
}
### END /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/40_custom ###
# This file provides an easy way to add custom menu entries. Simply type the
# menu entries you want to add after this comment. Be careful not to change
# the 'exec tail' line above.
### END /etc/grub.d/40_custom ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/41_custom ###
if [ -f $prefix/custom.cfg ]; then
source $prefix/custom.cfg;
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/41_custom ###

=============================== sdb2/etc/fstab: ================================

#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
# device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
# that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
proc /proc proc nodev,noexec,nosuid 0 0
# / was on /dev/sdb2 during installation
UUID=ab460680-9e94-4898-8b46-f28d1615bf7b / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1
# swap was on /dev/sdb8 during installation
UUID=8b3a6d4a-8881-48c0-aff8-f77f70e096bf none swap sw 0 0

# IMPORTS FROM TREAT RUNNING UBUNTU
UUID=fb7f1eb3-5acb-4159-8c95-c1409422ca6e /old-boot ext2 acl 0 2
UUID=a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024 /utreat ext3 acl 0 0
UUID=84d51cc7-c294-4a00-b75b-be9d83ba9038 /home/kevin/old-dotfiles ext4 acl 0 0
UUID=20f31439-2df8-4a83-8572-326dc9594536 /hex ext4 acl 0 2
UUID=23129106-a61c-4ae5-9d77-09ef8a792319 /tmp ext3 acl 0 2
UUID=8fb134f1-35b0-424c-8db4-b60814982552 /home/kevin/hex ext4 acl 0 2
UUID=df79f6a5-96ed-46fb-924f-19f8bc2e4bda /home/kevin/hex/build ext4 acl 0 2
UUID=fe7c7e5c-47d3-4330-a496-28ae98297c9b /oldRaid ext4 acl 0 2
UUID=dc51ddcb-e379-4a6b-b172-27298d1b05ea /back ext4 acl 0 2
UUID=7b576049-a722-4c3f-a925-5ca0811c1377 /x3 ext4 acl 0 2
UUID=2A88-3BB4 /vfat2 vfat noexec 0 2
UUID=60c8314b-722c-4b6f-a8a5-964f0e33164f /u00 ext3 acl 0 2
UUID=84d93026-ac44-4a8b-927a-55fd3085c796 /newtmp ext3 acl 0 0
UUID=aff4a911-f92b-4564-9c67-eaf4304f2c53 /oldhome ext4 acl 0 0

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# External hard drives
UUID=919ab311-12cd-4bb1-8ca1-8f26533dcc21 /mnt/tb1 ext4 noauto,acl 0 0
UUID=b3747e63-65eb-4a0f-b902-f518cf31093a /mnt/tb2 ext4 noauto,acl 0 0
UUID=1f4ea805-9917-4d42-ba08-e2b8baa3a184 /mnt/f01 ext4 noauto 0 0
UUID=162b75fb-c126-4534-a48a-a7a49d034ab6 /mnt/d01 ext4 noauto 0 0
UUID=0a6935ca-57d9-4f25-9c8e-576f3bc948d1 /mnt/2ta ext4 noauto,acl 0 0
UUID=00ce04f4-a1bb-4f4c-9622-6a17616c74cd /mnt/2tb ext4 noauto,acl 0 0
UUID=DABC63C5BC639B31 /mnt/2tcu ntfs noauto,user 0 0
UUID=70F69089F6905168 /mnt/2tcl ntfs noauto,user 0 0
UUID=78f22726-b6c1-4001-bace-4b7579b7a49f /mnt/2td ext4 noauto,acl 0 0
UUID=dacf7057-c5a0-423d-8f8b-6b0a6f0b8ac8 /mnt/2te ext4 noauto,acl 0 0
UUID=cba2b291-e59b-458d-aa8b-614f09fb9196 /mnt/2tf ext4 noauto,acl 0 0
UUID=ba11fd92-7599-47ff-b59e-419d17dd9891 /mnt/2tg ext4 noauto,acl 0 0
UUID=adbf5441-6629-412f-9b66-c2f6cb89e7fd /mnt/h1 ext4 noauto,acl 0 0
UUID=5dc225f6-e9d7-40a3-8271-8ba197d39611 /mnt/h2 ext4 noauto,acl 0 0

# external flash drives
UUID=A256-1D38 /mnt/t01 vfat noauto,user 0 0
UUID=8BE8-CB62 /mnt/cruzer vfat noauto,user 0 0
UUID=41C9-A4BA /mnt/green vfat noauto,user 0 0
UUID=A34B-2A70 /mnt/pink vfat noauto,user 0 0
UUID=BE92-8CD0 /mnt/silver vfat noauto,user 0 0
UUID=E0FD-1813 /mnt/white vfat noauto,user 0 0
UUID=2CD6-E262 /mnt/red vfat noauto,user 0 0

=================== sdb2: Location of files loaded by Grub: ====================

GiB - GB File Fragment(s)

= boot/grub/core.img 1
= boot/grub/grub.cfg 1
= boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-29-generic 1
= boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-31-generic 2
= boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-31-generic-pae 2
= boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-29-generic 1
= boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-31-generic 2
= boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-31-generic-pae 2
= initrd.img 2
= initrd.img.old 1
= vmlinuz 2
= vmlinuz.old 1

=========================== sdb7/boot/grub/grub.cfg: ===========================

#
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
#
[...]

set root='(hd0,msdos7)'
[...]

menuentry 'Ubuntu, with Linux 3.0.0-26-generic-pae' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
recordfail
set gfxpayload=$linux_gfx_mode
insmod gzio
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd0,msdos7)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.0.0-26-generic-pae root=/dev/sda7 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
}
menuentry 'Ubuntu, with Linux 3.0.0-26-generic-pae (recovery mode)' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
recordfail
insmod gzio
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd0,msdos7)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024
echo 'Loading Linux 3.0.0-26-generic-pae ...'
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.0.0-26-generic-pae root=/dev/sda7 ro recovery nomodeset
}
submenu "Previous Linux versions" {
menuentry 'Ubuntu, with Linux 2.6.38-16-generic-pae' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
recordfail
set gfxpayload=$linux_gfx_mode
insmod gzio
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd0,msdos7)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024
linux /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.38-16-generic-pae root=UUID=a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.38-16-generic-pae
}
menuentry 'Ubuntu, with Linux 2.6.38-16-generic-pae (recovery mode)' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
recordfail
insmod gzio
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd0,msdos7)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024
echo 'Loading Linux 2.6.38-16-generic-pae ...'
[...]

menuentry "Ubuntu, with Linux 3.2.0-31-generic-pae (on /dev/sda2)" --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd0,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root f71d3572-440d-4c3c-98b0-be3d3227d55a
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-31-generic-pae root=UUID=f71d3572-440d-4c3c-98b0-be3d3227d55a ro quiet splash $vt_handoff
initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-31-generic-pae
}
menuentry "Ubuntu, with Linux 3.2.0-31-generic-pae (recovery mode) (on /dev/sda2)" --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd0,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root f71d3572-440d-4c3c-98b0-be3d3227d55a
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-31-generic-pae root=UUID=f71d3572-440d-4c3c-98b0-be3d3227d55a ro recovery nomodeset
initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-31-generic-pae
}
menuentry "Ubuntu, with Linux 3.2.0-31-generic (on /dev/sda2)" --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd0,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root f71d3572-440d-4c3c-98b0-be3d3227d55a
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-31-generic root=UUID=f71d3572-440d-4c3c-98b0-be3d3227d55a ro quiet splash $vt_handoff
initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-31-generic
}
menuentry "Ubuntu, with Linux 3.2.0-31-generic (recovery mode) (on /dev/sda2)" --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd0,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root f71d3572-440d-4c3c-98b0-be3d3227d55a
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-31-generic root=UUID=f71d3572-440d-4c3c-98b0-be3d3227d55a ro recovery nomodeset
initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-31-generic
}
menuentry "Ubuntu, with Linux 3.2.0-29-generic (on /dev/sda2)" --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd0,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root f71d3572-440d-4c3c-98b0-be3d3227d55a
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-29-generic root=UUID=f71d3572-440d-4c3c-98b0-be3d3227d55a ro quiet splash $vt_handoff
initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-29-generic
}
menuentry "Ubuntu, with Linux 3.2.0-29-generic (recovery mode) (on /dev/sda2)" --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(hd0,msdos2)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root f71d3572-440d-4c3c-98b0-be3d3227d55a
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-29-generic root=UUID=f71d3572-440d-4c3c-98b0-be3d3227d55a ro recovery nomodeset
initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-29-generic
}
### END /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/40_custom ###
# This file provides an easy way to add custom menu entries. Simply type the
# menu entries you want to add after this comment. Be careful not to change
# the 'exec tail' line above.
### END /etc/grub.d/40_custom ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/41_custom ###
if [ -f $prefix/custom.cfg ]; then
source $prefix/custom.cfg;
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/41_custom ###

=============================== sdb7/etc/fstab: ================================

#
# Use 'blkid -o value -s UUID' to print the universally unique identifier
# for a device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name
# devices that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
proc /proc proc nodev,noexec,nosuid 0 0
UUID=a70b0f4f-488b-439e-9cd0-5abb88ba7024 / ext3 acl,errors=remount-ro 0 1

# swap was on /dev/sda8 during installation
UUID=8b3a6d4a-8881-48c0-aff8-f77f70e096bf none swap sw 0 0

# glibc 2.2 and above expects tmpfs to be mounted at /dev/shm for
# POSIX shared memory (shm_open, shm_unlink).
# (tmpfs is a dynamically expandable/shrinkable ramdisk, and will
# use almost no memory if not populated with files)
shm /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Pretty much as they were on Gentoo version of treat, 2nd IDE drive.
# Now recovered from 111020 backup.

# added manually 7 Nov 2011
UUID=fb7f1eb3-5acb-4159-8c95-c1409422ca6e /oldboot ext2 acl 0 2

# added manually 12 Nov 2011
#UUID=00e98dff-d699-4b55-af93-28ac92543c86 /tmp ext2 acl 0 2
# swapped with vfat2 21 Jul 2012
UUID=23129106-a61c-4ae5-9d77-09ef8a792319 /tmp ext3 acl 0 2

#/dev/hdb6: UUID="20f31439-2df8-4a83-8572-326dc9594536" TYPE="ext3" SEC_TYPE="ext2"
UUID=20f31439-2df8-4a83-8572-326dc9594536 /hex ext4 acl 0 2

# home: UUID="c992089f-c424-47af-9416-8cc0dac61bc0" TYPE="ext4" LABEL="home"
UUID=aff4a911-f92b-4564-9c67-eaf4304f2c53 /home ext4 acl 0 2

UUID=84d51cc7-c294-4a00-b75b-be9d83ba9038 /home/kevin ext4 acl 0 2
# khex: LABEL="akhex" UUID="8fb134f1-35b0-424c-8db4-b60814982552" SEC_TYPE="ext2" TYPE="ext3"
UUID=8fb134f1-35b0-424c-8db4-b60814982552 /home/kevin/hex ext4 acl 0 2

# kbuild: LABEL="akbuild" UUID="df79f6a5-96ed-46fb-924f-19f8bc2e4bda" SEC_TYPE="ext2" TYPE="ext3"
UUID=df79f6a5-96ed-46fb-924f-19f8bc2e4bda /home/kevin/hex/build ext4 acl 0 2

# on 500GB drives that used to be a RAID array
UUID=fe7c7e5c-47d3-4330-a496-28ae98297c9b /oldRaid ext4 acl 0 2
UUID=dc51ddcb-e379-4a6b-b172-27298d1b05ea /back ext4 acl 0 2
UUID=7b576049-a722-4c3f-a925-5ca0811c1377 /x3 ext4 acl 0 2
# was /vfat1, but not used
UUID=84d93026-ac44-4a8b-927a-55fd3085c796 /spare ext3 acl 0 2
# swapped /vfat2 with /tmp 21 Jul 2012
#UUID=2B9D-82A0 /vfat2 vfat noexec 0 2
UUID=2A88-3BB4 /vfat2 vfat noexec 0 2

# Some spare space
UUID=60c8314b-722c-4b6f-a8a5-964f0e33164f /u00 ext3 acl 0 2

# XUbuntu root
UUID=f71d3572-440d-4c3c-98b0-be3d3227d55a /xuroot ext4 acl 0 2

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# External drives

# /dev/sdg1: LABEL="tb1" UUID="919ab311-12cd-4bb1-8ca1-8f26533dcc21" TYPE="ext4"
UUID=919ab311-12cd-4bb1-8ca1-8f26533dcc21 /tb1 ext4 noauto,acl 0 0
UUID=b3747e63-65eb-4a0f-b902-f518cf31093a /tb2 ext4 noauto,acl 0 0

# Fantom 500 GB
#/dev/sdd1: UUID="1f4ea805-9917-4d42-ba08-e2b8baa3a184" TYPE="xfs" LABEL="f01"
UUID=1f4ea805-9917-4d42-ba08-e2b8baa3a184 /f01 ext4 noauto 0 0

# d01 drive (Drive Savers Quadra)
UUID=162b75fb-c126-4534-a48a-a7a49d034ab6 /d01 ext4 noauto 0 0

# Added 29 June 2010. 2 TB(!!!)
# Added 6 Nov 2010 (3 new 2 TB drives)
UUID=0a6935ca-57d9-4f25-9c8e-576f3bc948d1 /2ta ext4 noauto,acl 0 0

# Adjusted 15 Aug 2010
#/dev/sde1: LABEL="Hir2T" UUID="00ce04f4-a1bb-4f4c-9622-6a17616c74cd" TYPE="ext4"
UUID=00ce04f4-a1bb-4f4c-9622-6a17616c74cd /2tb ext4 noauto,acl 0 0

# Split this one for 2 NTFS "drives"
UUID=DABC63C5BC639B31 /2tcu ntfs noauto,user 0 0
UUID=70F69089F6905168 /2tcl ntfs noauto,user 0 0
UUID=ccd7484c-df79-4697-917f-705b91797d77 /2tcx ext3 noauto,user 0 0

UUID=78f22726-b6c1-4001-bace-4b7579b7a49f /2td ext4 noauto,acl 0 0
UUID=dddefca8-9298-4526-976f-f016591eb7ba /2tde3 ext3 noauto,acl 0 0

# New SATA-3 2TB Green Drives
UUID=dacf7057-c5a0-423d-8f8b-6b0a6f0b8ac8 /2te ext4 noauto,acl 0 0
UUID=cba2b291-e59b-458d-aa8b-614f09fb9196 /2tf ext4 noauto,acl 0 0
UUID=ba11fd92-7599-47ff-b59e-419d17dd9891 /2tg ext4 noauto,acl 0 0

# Toshiba portable drive, 250GB
UUID=A256-1D38 /t01 vfat noauto,user 0 0

#/dev/sdh1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="STORE'N'GO" UUID="2CD6-E262" TYPE="vfat"
UUID=8BE8-CB62 /mnt/cruzer vfat noauto,user 0 0
#UUID=E0FD-1813 /mnt/whitestick vfat noauto,user 0 0
UUID=41C9-A4BA /mnt/green vfat noauto,user 0 0
UUID=A34B-2A70 /mnt/pink vfat noauto,user 0 0
UUID=BE92-8CD0 /mnt/silver vfat noauto,user 0 0
UUID=E0FD-1813 /mnt/white vfat noauto,user 0 0
UUID=2CD6-E262 /mnt/red vfat noauto,user 0 0

UUID=adbf5441-6629-412f-9b66-c2f6cb89e7fd /h1 ext4 noauto,acl 0 0
UUID=5dc225f6-e9d7-40a3-8271-8ba197d39611 /h2 ext4 noauto,acl 0 0

=================== sdb7: Location of files loaded by Grub: ====================

GiB - GB File Fragment(s)

= boot/grub/grub.cfg 1
= boot/initrd.img-2.6.38-16-generic-pae 84
= boot/vmlinuz-2.6.38-16-generic-pae 5
= boot/vmlinuz-3.0.0-26-generic-pae 99
= initrd.img.old 84
= vmlinuz 99
= vmlinuz.old 5

xz: (stdin): Compressed data is corrupt
xz: (stdin): Compressed data is corrupt
xz: (stdin): Compressed data is corrupt
awk: cmd. line:36: Math support is not compiled in