-   -   Qlogic QLE2562 HBA adapter device driver (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/709444-qlogic-qle2562-hba-adapter-device-driver.html)

"Qin, Xiaohong" 10-03-2012 09:54 PM

Qlogic QLE2562 HBA adapter device driver

Hi All,
*
I’m trying to install Ubuntu-12.04 server 64 bit OS on my computer that has QLE2562 HBA adapter. During the installation, it complains that missing this “ql2500.fw” file and I choose to ignore and continue. After installation and booted up from OS, the console shows these error messages,
*
qla2xxx …. Firmware ready **** FAILED ****.
*
Is this because the OS iso image does not have the device driver yet for this adapter? If so, can I download the device driver from somewhere and install it?
*
Thanks.
*
Dennis Qin
*
*
*
*

Avi Greenbury 10-04-2012 12:02 PM

Qin, Xiaohong wrote:
> I’m trying to install Ubuntu-12.04 server 64 bit OS on my computer that has
> QLE2562 HBA adapter. During the installation, it complains that missing this
> “ql2500.fw” file and I choose to ignore and continue. After installation and
> booted up from OS, the console shows these error messages,

It looks like this is provided by the linux-firmware package:

avi@amazing:~$ dpkg -S ql2500
linux-firmware: /lib/firmware/ql2500_fw.bin

so

sudo apt-get install linux-firmware

should set you right.

--
Avi

Marcos Barbosa 10-05-2012 01:43 PM

Qlogic QLE2562 HBA adapter device driver

Did work?

Marcos Barbosa <marcosestevesbarbosa@gmail.com>

"Qin, Xiaohong" 10-05-2012 03:23 PM

Qlogic QLE2562 HBA adapter device driver

Hi,

I will give it a try later on and let you know.

Thanks.

Dennis

"Qin, Xiaohong" 10-08-2012 10:35 PM

Qlogic QLE2562 HBA adapter device driver

Here is what I did,

sudo apt-get install linux-firmware
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
linux-firmware is already the newest version.

So looks like it's already been installed with the OS ISO image. The
original warning message came from Ubuntu Installation menu and after I
choose to skip it, it went ahead to install OS. Maybe the warning
message somehow gets triggered by mistake.

Dennis