Old 10-03-2012, 06:55 PM
ping

Default ubuntu12.04 skype amd64(skype-ubuntu_4.0.0.8-1_amd64.deb) installation

So, it looks the problem is about this error:
/usr/share/doc/libglib2.0-0/changelog.Debian.gz' is different from the
same file on the system

//I also tried following , end up with same
sudo apt-add-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ $(lsb_release
-sc) partner"
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install skype

I'm feeling confusing to troubleshoot this kind of installation issue,
anyone run into the same issues and any workaround?

thanks!

FYI

surprisingly...I get this resolved simply by:

sudo mv /usr/share/doc/libglib2.0-0/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libglib2.0-0/changelog.Debian.gz-bup

now it works...I'm not sure if this bring other potential issues though...