-   -   Unity gone after installing Nvidia driver on 12.10 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/709216-unity-gone-after-installing-nvidia-driver-12-10-a.html)

Avi Schwartz 10-03-2012 05:03 AM

Unity gone after installing Nvidia driver on 12.10

Hi,

I got the Thinkpad T430s with the Nvidia Optimus graphics card today
and first thing I tried to do was install the latest 12.10 beta on
it. Everything came up fine but I noticed that the graphics card was
defaulting to Unknown so I installed the latest Nvidia driver from
the repository. Upon restart I was able to log into my desktop but
found that Unity is now gone. No Unity, Launcher, or Dash. Looking
at the Xorg.0.log I don't see the Nvidia driver loading, just the
Intel driver as before but Unity as a whole is gone.

Any ideas?

Avi