Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Jatin

Default VPN dropping connection on ubuntu 12.04

Hi All

I am using ubuntu 12.04 as my desktop for workplace. I need to connect
to a VPN and then do my work. I installed the "vpnc" daemon as the vpn
client to connect to the office network. I am facing an issue where in
after every 15-20 mins my VPN connection fails and i need to re-connect
again.

Could you someone please help me resolve this issue. Appreciate your
help in this regard.

Thanks
Jatin

Old 10-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Jonesy

On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 15:31:08 +0530, Jatin wrote:

> I am using ubuntu 12.04 as my desktop for workplace. I need to connect
> to a VPN and then do my work. I installed the "vpnc" daemon as the vpn
> client to connect to the office network. I am facing an issue where in
> after every 15-20 mins my VPN connection fails and i need to re-connect
> again.
>
> Could you someone please help me resolve this issue. Appreciate your
> help in this regard.

Maybe:
http://embraceubuntu.com/2006/02/03/keeping-ssh-sessions-alive/

Google [ ssh "keep alive" ]

( [ ssl "keep alive" ] yields too many bug discussions....)

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux