-   -   TV in Ubuntu 12.04 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/708228-tv-ubuntu-12-04-a.html)

Angus MacKinnon 09-28-2012 10:17 PM

TV in Ubuntu 12.04

I just installed Ubuntu 12.04 on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit PC. I
was using a Hauppauge WinTV HVR 1800 to interact with Windows Media
Center to play TV on my Windows PC. How is Playing TV work with Ubuntu?
I am looking adding a TV Tuner card to a new computer I purchase or build.

Angus MacKinnon
MacKinnon Chrest Saying
Latin - Audentes Fortuna Juvat
English - Fortune Assists The Daring
Creating a Better Universe for the future.

"compdoc" 09-28-2012 10:25 PM

TV in Ubuntu 12.04

> I am looking adding a TV Tuner card to a new computer I purchase or build.

I would suggest an HDHomerun. It's a network based tuner that both windows
media center and Ubuntu can use.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HDHomeRun

They come in 1, 2, or 3 tuner versions so you can connect up to 3 clients at
once.