Old 09-28-2012, 06:53 AM
MR ZenWiz

Default Weird command line tab completion

I noticed numerous times that when I use the tab key to complete a
command line file name, if the completion begins with a variable
dereference (like $bin), a backslash is prepended in front of the $,
which cripples it.

Is this a new feature in 12.04, because it breaks the usefulness of
the tab completion.

MR

Old 09-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Steve Flynn

On 28 September 2012 07:53, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed numerous times that when I use the tab key to complete a
> command line file name, if the completion begins with a variable
> dereference (like $bin), a backslash is prepended in front of the $,
> which cripples it.

Which shell?

I'm a zsh user and I don't see this happening.

--
Steve