-   -   Weird command line tab completion (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/708034-weird-command-line-tab-completion.html)

MR ZenWiz 09-28-2012 06:53 AM

Weird command line tab completion

I noticed numerous times that when I use the tab key to complete a
command line file name, if the completion begins with a variable
dereference (like $bin), a backslash is prepended in front of the $,
which cripples it.

Is this a new feature in 12.04, because it breaks the usefulness of
the tab completion.

MR

Steve Flynn 09-28-2012 09:36 AM

On 28 September 2012 07:53, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed numerous times that when I use the tab key to complete a
> command line file name, if the completion begins with a variable
> dereference (like $bin), a backslash is prepended in front of the $,
> which cripples it.

Which shell?

I'm a zsh user and I don't see this happening.

--
Steve