-   -   "ufw status numbered" shows no rules (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/707863-ufw-status-numbered-shows-no-rules.html)

"Lentes, Bernd" 09-27-2012 03:31 PM

"ufw status numbered" shows no rules

Hi,

i'm new to Ubuntu, so sorry for the possible easy question. I have experience in Novell SLES.
I just installes Ubuntu TLS 12.04.1 64bit.

I'm just having trouble with the firewall.
The man page of ufw says: status show status of firewall and ufw managed rules.

This is my output:

root@greensql:~# ufw status numbered
Status active
root@greensql:~#

iptables shows me all rules, but ufw doesn't. Why not ?

Btw: in which file are all the rules stored ?

Thanks in advance.

Bernd

--
Bernd Lentes

Systemadministration
Institut für Entwicklungsgenetik
Gebäude 35.34 - Raum 208
HelmholtzZentrum münchen
bernd.lentes@helmholtz-muenchen.de
phone: +49 89 3187 1241
fax: +49 89 3187 2294
http://www.helmholtz-muenchen.de/idg

Wir sollten nicht den Tod fürchten, sondern
das schlechte Leben

Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir´in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Günther Wess und Dr. Nikolaus Blum
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671

Tom H 09-27-2012 03:59 PM

"ufw status numbered" shows no rules

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Lentes, Bernd
<bernd.lentes@helmholtz-muenchen.de> wrote:

> i'm new to Ubuntu, so sorry for the possible easy question. I have experience in Novell SLES.
> I just installes Ubuntu TLS 12.04.1 64bit.
>
> I'm just having trouble with the firewall.
> The man page of ufw says: status show status of firewall and ufw managed rules.
>
> This is my output:
>
> root@greensql:~# ufw status numbered
> Status active
> root@greensql:~#
>
> iptables shows me all rules, but ufw doesn't. Why not ?
>
> Btw: in which file are all the rules stored ?

"ufw show raw"

Not being a ufw user but I think, from previous testing, that it's
"/usr/share/ufw/", I think...

NoOp 09-28-2012 09:34 PM

On 09/27/2012 08:31 AM, Lentes, Bernd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm new to Ubuntu, so sorry for the possible easy question. I have experience in Novell SLES.
> I just installes Ubuntu TLS 12.04.1 64bit.
>
> I'm just having trouble with the firewall.
> The man page of ufw says: status show status of firewall and ufw managed rules.
>
> This is my output:
>
> root@greensql:~# ufw status numbered
> Status active
> root@greensql:~#
>
> iptables shows me all rules, but ufw doesn't. Why not ?
>
> Btw: in which file are all the rules stored ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

This might of help:

https://help.ubuntu.com/
enter 'ufw' in the search box
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UFW
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UncomplicatedFirewall?action=show&redirect=UbuntuF irewall>
[Advanced Funtionality]
<http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/en/man8/ufw-framework.8.html>
<http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/en/man8/ufw-framework.8.html#contenttoc4>
[Rules Files]
<https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/serverguide/firewall.html>

> -- < add a space after dashdash so your sig is actually a 'sig'

> Bernd Lentes
>
> Systemadministration
<snip>