Old 09-27-2012, 01:37 PM
CJ Tres

Default CD/DVD tray refuses to stay open

The subject line says it all.

This just occurred out of the blue, no changes to settings or anything.

I found a thread from 2009 where Mythbuntu users found a bug that
(should) have fixed it:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7212#comment:2

Some reported that it might be caused by mtd running as a daemon and
killing mtd from a terminal stops the behavior.

Didn't for me... "mtd:no process found"

Other thread I've found have the opposite problem, the tray refuses to
stay closed.

"eject -t" says:

eject: tried to use `/media/cdrom' as device name but it is no block device
eject: unable to find or open device for: `cdrom'

Any ideas?

Old 09-27-2012, 02:03 PM
"compdoc"

> This just occurred out of the blue, no changes to settings or anything.

Can't say if it's the same in your situation, but I've seen several optical
drives fail in this way over the years. However, because I service office
PCs they were all running Windows.

So just saying - it might be the drive, and not the OS.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:31 PM
CJ Tres