Old 09-26-2012, 09:57 PM
jim berry

Default Email support help needed!

Some time ago exploring ubuntu documentation I subscribed to receive
posts and replies on ubuntu questions. Very helpful at times, when I'm
not using my computer regularly I'm overrun with hundreds of emails of
information.
Not remembering where I turned this on, I'm at a loss to turn it off
when not desired.
I'm using hotmail if that matters and any assistance would be greatly
appreciated.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Victor Padro

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 4:57 PM, jim berry <gombolli@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Some time ago exploring ubuntu documentation I subscribed to receive posts
> and replies on ubuntu questions. Very helpful at times, when I'm not using
> my computer regularly I'm overrun with hundreds of emails of information.
> Not remembering where I turned this on, I'm at a loss to turn it off when
> not desired.
> I'm using hotmail if that matters and any assistance would be greatly
> appreciated.

BR.
--
"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an
understanding of ourselves"

Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Avi Greenbury

jim berry wrote:
> Some time ago exploring ubuntu documentation I subscribed to receive
> posts and replies on ubuntu questions. Very helpful at times, when
> I'm not using my computer regularly I'm overrun with hundreds of
> emails of information.
> Not remembering where I turned this on, I'm at a loss to turn it off
> when not desired.
> I'm using hotmail if that matters and any assistance would be
> greatly appreciated.

One of the to or from addresses of these emails will be a ubuntu.com
address; could you check and let us know which it is?

It's not clear precisely where these mails are coming from, since
'Ubuntu Questions' isn't a 'thing'. There's a Ubuntu Answers (which we
may not be able to help with), and there's also this mailing list.

If it's this mailing list you're trying to unsubscribe from (where
mail appears as 'to' ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com) then you should
find an unsubscribe option by following the link at the bottom of the
email.

--
Avi

Old 09-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Felix Miata

On 2012-09-26 17:03 (GMT-0500) Victor Padro composed:

Some time ago exploring ubuntu documentation I subscribed to receive posts
and replies on ubuntu questions. Very helpful at times, when I'm not using
my computer regularly I'm overrun with hundreds of emails of information.
Not remembering where I turned this on, I'm at a loss to turn it off when
not desired.
I'm using hotmail if that matters and any assistance would be greatly
appreciated.

Jim, what you see above this is what has been provided to you on *every*
email you got from the list.

This -> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

When I see such posts as the OPs on mailing lists I often wonder if the
people who write them are using apps that by default don't show complete
emails, as in hiding content beginning @ "-- ". The OP claimed to be "using"
Hotmail, but the UA he sent with is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:15.0)
Gecko/20120827 Thunderbird/15.0

I'm not aware of TB even offering such an option.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/