-   -   about networks apps (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/707210-about-networks-apps.html)

Amaury Viera Hernández 09-25-2012 12:04 PM

about networks apps

Hello,
I need one or more reliable applications, capable of measuring latency, packet loss, bandwidth and more on the network,
Regards, Amaury.

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci

Steve Flynn 09-25-2012 12:21 PM

about networks apps

On 25 September 2012 13:04, Amaury Viera Hernández <avhernandez@uci.cu> wrote:

> Hello,
> I need one or more reliable applications, capable of measuring latency, packet loss, bandwidth and more on the network,

iperf and ntop should help you, but really you should be measuring
these values at your switch, if you have access to it. Are you running
Cisco switches and if so, what models?

--
Steve

Amaury Viera Hernández 09-25-2012 08:01 PM

about networks apps

iperf and ntop should help you, but really you should be measuri
I do not have access to my switches and routers, that's my principal
problem.

Steve Flynn 09-26-2012 08:51 AM

about networks apps

On 25 Sep 2012 21:01, "Amaury Viera Hernández" <avhernandez@uci.cu> wrote:

>> iperf and ntop should help you, but really you should be measuri

> I do not have access to my switches and routers, that's my principal problem.

Ok then - iperf and ntop are goign to get you a reasonable amount of info, but if you do need accurate metrics, you're going to have to speak to your network support team - they should be collecting this kind of info anyway.

Amaury Viera Hernández 09-26-2012 01:38 PM

about networks apps

wrote:

>> iperf and ntop should help you, but really you should
be measuri

> I do not have access to my switches and routers, that's my
principal problem.

Ok then - iperf and ntop are goign to get you a reasonable
amount of info, but if you do need accurate metrics, you're
going to have to speak to your network support team - they
should be collecting this kind of info anyway.

ok, thank you very much,

regards, Amaury.