Old 09-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Sam Sebastian

Default Android apps

In a virtual machine I think that you have to use the android sdk and
install it via the adb. I think that the emulator has a adb server
running already so all that you have to do is connect to it and
install the app

Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Avi Greenbury

R Kimber wrote:
> I've got as far as getting a virtual device running successfully, but it's
> not clear to me how I can download and install apps. I have a Goggle
> account, but when I try to install an app I get a message saying that my
> device is not supported.

The emulator included in the SDK is intended for developing apps
rather than for running as a fully-emulated Android; the use case it's
designed for is where you use the SDK tools to push your own APKs onto
the device to install them.

--
Avi