-   -   Android apps (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/706958-android-apps.html)

R Kimber 09-24-2012 03:15 PM

Android apps

I'm experimenting with running Android apps under Ubuntu.

I've got as far as getting a virtual device running successfully, but it's
not clear to me how I can download and install apps. I have a Goggle
account, but when I try to install an app I get a message saying that my
device is not supported. There's no shopping icon on the screen, so I've
been using the browser, which works fine.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to install apps? The one I'm
particularly interested in is the Pioneer Control app for Pioneer devices
such as the N50 music streamer, which is free. The only links I can see on
the Pioneer site are to Google.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber