Old 09-24-2012, 02:11 AM
Wade Smart

Default Live CD login???

I installed a thumb drive with 12.04lts on it for a local business
to use to try out. It has a login and password on it. Ive never seen
that before. How can there be a u & p on a live demo???

Wade

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

Old 09-24-2012, 02:57 AM
Rob Tongue

I installed a thumb drive with 12.04lts on it for a local business
to use to try out. It has a login and password on it. Ive never seen
that before. How can there be a u & p on a live demo???

Wade

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606
Linux since June 2005

How did you install on the USB drive? Using Startup Disk Creator? or
actually installed the OS to a USB stick?

Old 09-24-2012, 03:08 AM
Wade Smart

--

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 9:57 PM, Rob Tongue <robtongue@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/23/2012 10:11 PM, Wade Smart wrote:
>>
>> I installed a thumb drive with 12.04lts on it for a local business
>> to use to try out. It has a login and password on it. Ive never seen
>> that before. How can there be a u & p on a live demo???
>>
>> Wade
>>

>> --
>> Registered Linux User: #480675
>> Registered Linux Machine: #408606
>> Linux since June 2005
>>
> How did you install on the USB drive? Using Startup Disk Creator? or
> actually installed the OS to a USB stick?

USB creator.
I did some searching and found in a older post that its "Ubuntu" and
blank on the password. Sure enough, it was. But that caught me off
guard.

Wade

Old 09-24-2012, 03:27 AM
Rob Tongue

I installed a thumb drive with 12.04lts on it for a local business
to use to try out. It has a login and password on it. Ive never seen
that before. How can there be a u & p on a live demo???

Wade

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606
Linux since June 2005

How did you install on the USB drive? Using Startup Disk Creator? or
actually installed the OS to a USB stick?

USB creator.
I did some searching and found in a older post that its "Ubuntu" and
blank on the password. Sure enough, it was. But that caught me off
guard.

Wade
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606
Linux since June 2005

Yeah that shouldn't have happened. Good find.