Old 09-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Jim Byrnes

Default Blackjack game for Ubuntu?

I checked the repositories for both 10.04 and 12.04 for a blackjack game
and did not see any. This seems strange. Anyone know of one that will
run on Ubuntu?

Thanks, Jim

Old 09-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Steve Flynn

On 19 September 2012 20:11, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes@comcast.net> wrote:
> I checked the repositories for both 10.04 and 12.04 for a blackjack game and
> did not see any. This seems strange. Anyone know of one that will run on
> Ubuntu?

GNU BG.

--
Steve

Old 09-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Jim Byrnes

On 09/19/2012 03:26 PM, Steve Flynn wrote:

On 19 September 2012 20:11, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes@comcast.net> wrote:

I checked the repositories for both 10.04 and 12.04 for a blackjack game and
did not see any. This seems strange. Anyone know of one that will run on
Ubuntu?

GNU BG.

That led me to a backgammon game , but you gave me the GNU idea. So a
search on GNU blackjack popped up one written in python that serves my
needs just fine.

Thanks, Jim

Old 09-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Steve Flynn

On 19 September 2012 22:13, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes@comcast.net> wrote:

>> GNU BG.
>
> That led me to a backgammon game , but you gave me the GNU idea. So a
> search on GNU blackjack popped up one written in python that serves my needs
> just fine.

Apologies Jim - I read your post whilst playing Backgammon myself and
saw words which I wanted to see! ENjoy your Blackjack, and if you ever
fancy a game of Backgammon, I'll happily take you on!

Sorry for the error.

--
Steve

Old 09-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Jim Byrnes

That led me to a backgammon game , but you gave me the GNU idea. So a
search on GNU blackjack popped up one written in python that serves my needs
just fine.

Apologies Jim - I read your post whilst playing Backgammon myself and
saw words which I wanted to see! ENjoy your Blackjack, and if you ever
fancy a game of Backgammon, I'll happily take you on!

Sorry for the error.

No problem, you pointed me at the solution. I never would have thought
of GNU and I didn't just want to google blackjack game and have to wade
through all the gaming sites that would have popped up.

As to backgammon I'm afraid I've never played and I haven't played
blackjack in a long time either which is why I needed the game to practice.

Regards, JIm

Old 09-20-2012, 04:59 AM
Gilles Gravier

And if you searched for GNU BJ, you never know, it might take you to
something not appropriate for kids. :-P

Sorry... before-my-coffee-humor.

Gilles.