Old 09-19-2012, 12:13 PM
"Carsten Laun-De Lellis"

Default ldap other root than the one from hostname

Hi all
*
Maybe the question I have is a stupid one, but I don’t have a clue how to another domain than the one derived from my hostname.
I am using Ubuntu 11.04 LTS.

I have read so many How-Tos and Manuals but didn’t find the answer yes.
*
What I want to do for example:
*
My hostname was S000001.delellis.de and I want to create a ldap root with dc=delellis,dc=com.
*
Whenever I install slapd it creates a root dc=delellis,dc=de. And I have no idea how to change that.
*
I would appreciate any help.
*
Regards,
*
Carsten Laun-De Lellis
Dipl.-Ing. Elektrotechnik
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
*
Hauptstrasse 13
D-67705 Trippstadt
*