Old 09-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Jay Ridgley

Default NFS Mount question - What are the required options in, /etc/fstb **SOLVED**

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:00:37 +0100
From: Dave Howorth<dhoworth@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
<ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Re: NFS Mount question - What are the required options in
/etc/fstb?

Jay Ridgley wrote:

>Folks,
>
>I have an interesting question: Why does one work and the other does
>NOT? The only difference (I know of) between the two systems is ursa was
>an upgrade from 10.04.4LTS to 12.04.1LTS and kodiak is a fresh install.
>Both are up to date. Is kodiak missing a software package, if so which one?

Does mount -v show anything interesting?

What do the logs contain? For NFS and friends startup and for the mount.

Dave,

Thanks, for the suggestion...

It pointed me to the problem. I had not added several host ips to the list of
those authorised to access the remote device (a WD My Book). Added those and all
is well now.

Cheers,
Jay

--