Old 09-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Mikie

Default WiFi Management

Hello all,

*

I have installed Ubuntu server and had the install script detect and configure a wireless adapter during setup and this has worked perfectly forever … boot after boot.

*

How is this done if Network-Manager-Gnome is not installed?

*

I have been trying to manually set this up and can't figure it out no matter how many articles I read.

*

I must be missing a config file.

*

In /etc/network/interfaces … I have:

*

auto wlan0

iface wlan0 inet dhcp

*************** wpa-ssid myEssid

*************** wpa-psk myPassword

*

What could I be missing?

*

Thanks.

*

*

*

*

Old 09-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Tom H

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Mikie <kmb@mikienet.com> wrote:

> I have installed Ubuntu server and had the install script detect and
> configure a wireless adapter during setup and this has worked perfectly
> forever … boot after boot.
>
> How is this done if Network-Manager-Gnome is not installed?
>
> I have been trying to manually set this up and can't figure it out no matter
> how many articles I read.
>
> I must be missing a config file.
>
> In /etc/network/interfaces … I have:
>
> auto wlan0
> iface wlan0 inet dhcp
> wpa-ssid myEssid
> wpa-psk myPassword
>
> What could I be missing?

Nothing. ifupdown uses the two "wpa-..." lines in
"/etc/network/interfaces" to bring up wlan0.