Old 09-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Jay Ridgley

Default NFS Mount question - What are the required options in /etc/fstab

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:51:50 +0200
From: Sean Crosby<richardnixonshead@gmail.com>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
<ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Re: NFS Mount question - What are the required options in
/etc/fstb?

Hi Jay,

Make sure that the nfs-common package is installed on the failing machine

Sean

Sean,

Yes it is there (1.12.5-3ubuntu3)

Regards,
Jay

--

Jay Ridgley
jridgley2@austin.rr.com

Old 09-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Sean Crosby

How about the rpcbind package?
Sean

Old 09-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Jay Ridgley

Messages: 2 & 6
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:23:11 +0200
From: Sean Crosby<richardnixonshead@gmail.com>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
<ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
/etc/fstab

How about the rpcbind package?

Sean

Sean,

Yes it is there also.

You might try adding vers=3 to your mount options. I have seen this before with the newer NFS releases. Clint

Clint,

That did not help either.

I find it hard to fathom that it works on both the other systems and fails ONLY
on the laptop with a fresh install...

Cheers
Jay