-   -   Networked Printer Problems in 12.04LTS **SOLVED** (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/704631-networked-printer-problems-12-04lts-solved.html)

Jay Ridgley 09-17-2012 11:55 AM

Networked Printer Problems in 12.04LTS **SOLVED**

Message: 5
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 12:00:49 -0500
From: Jay Ridgley<jridgley2@austin.rr.com>
To: Ubuntu-users<ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Networked Printer Problems in 12.04LTS

Folks,

I am at my wits end...

I have a printer (Dell 1110) that is attached to a system via usb running
12.04LTS. Works file! This system also has a network printer assigned to an HP
C3180, see below. Works fine!

I have a system that has a network printer assigned to the DELL 1110 printer
running 10.04LTS. Works fine, That same system has a printer (HP C3180) attached
via usb. Works fine!

I have a laptop connected through a wireless connection running 12.04LTS. It has
a network printer assigned to the HP310. Works fine.

s/b HP3180

Now for the problem, On the laptop I have also assigned a network printer to the
Dell 1110. When I attempt to print the test page it is placed in the print queue
and has a message "Authentication Required". It will not print!

--snip--

I copied the url from the system running 10.04LTS to the offending definition
and it now is working. Is there a bug in the network printer definition tool?

Regards,
Jay

--

Jay Ridgley