-   -   Networked Printer Problems in 12.04LTS (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/704091-networked-printer-problems-12-04lts.html)

Jay Ridgley 09-15-2012 05:00 PM

Networked Printer Problems in 12.04LTS

Folks,

I am at my wits end...

I have a printer (Dell 1110) that is attached to a system via usb running
12.04LTS. Works file! This system also has a network printer assigned to an HP
C3180, see below. Works fine!

I have a system that has a network printer assigned to the DELL 1110 printer
running 10.04LTS. Works fine, That same system has a printer (HP C3180) attached
via usb. Works fine!

I have a laptop connected through a wireless connection running 12.04LTS. It has
a network printer assigned to the HP310. Works fine.

Now for the problem, On the laptop I have also assigned a network printer to the
Dell 1110. When I attempt to print the test page it is placed in the print queue
and has a message "Authentication Required". It will not print!

I need to have one of two solutions to this problem:

1. What needs to be provided for the authentication?

OR

2. How do I remove the requirement?

I have tried searching the net and have not found a viable solution. Perhaps I
have not asked the proper question... I also completely removed and reinstalled
CUPS without any change.

Ideas and raw random suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay
--

Jay Ridgley