Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Jim Byrnes

Default Calculating the size of /

On 09/10/2012 02:15 PM, Gilles Gravier wrote:

Adding -x to du tells it so skip directories on different filesystems...
Should give you what you want.

sudo du -shcx /

Gilles.

I don't have any other file systems that I know of except gvfs which to
my knowledge have never used..

sudo du -shcx /
du: cannot access `/home/xxx/.gvfs': Permission denied
105G /
105G total
$ du -shcx /home
64G /home
64G total

Unless I used it wrong -x doesn't show anything different.

Regards, Jim