Old 09-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Dotan Cohen

Default The arrow of drop-down list is reversed in rtl locals.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Cybe R. Wizard
<cyber_wizard@mindspring.com> wrote:
> I fail to see the problem. The drop down arrow points down which is the
> direction that 'drop DOWN' is supposed to point.
> Left-to-right or right-to-left makes no difference to up/down.
>
> If I am missing something here I'd love to hear about it.

The arrow looks fine. Look at the frame containing it. The frame
should abut to the adjoining element to its now-right, but it is
apparently designed only to abut to an adjoining element on its left.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 09-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Avi Greenbury

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

> I fail to see the problem. The drop down arrow points down which is the
> direction that 'drop DOWN' is supposed to point.
> Left-to-right or right-to-left makes no difference to up/down.

It's not the arrow really, it's the decoration round it. His most
recent image:

http://i.imgur.com/VBBeL.png

demonstrates it best. If you look at the left image, the lower
drop-down box has a red line on three sides of a rounded-edged
square, in order to highlight it as a button. These are on the top,
right and bottom sides of the square. The decoration on the drop-down
on the right is a full square, and actually looks complete.

Neither is functionally broken, and neither causes the arrow to point
on the wrong direction, but from an aesthetic point of view, the left
one is not in the same style as the rest of the UI and looks very
clunky; it's clearly not what is supposed to happen.

--
Avi

Old 09-11-2012, 02:09 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:56:38 +0100
Avi Greenbury <lists@avi.co> wrote:

> Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> > >
> > I fail to see the problem. The drop down arrow points down which
> > is the direction that 'drop DOWN' is supposed to point.
> > Left-to-right or right-to-left makes no difference to up/down.
>
> It's not the arrow really, it's the decoration round it. His most
> recent image:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/VBBeL.png
>
> demonstrates it best. If you look at the left image, the lower
> drop-down box has a red line on three sides of a rounded-edged
> square, in order to highlight it as a button. These are on the top,
> right and bottom sides of the square. The decoration on the drop-down
> on the right is a full square, and actually looks complete.
>
> Neither is functionally broken, and neither causes the arrow to point
> on the wrong direction, but from an aesthetic point of view, the left
> one is not in the same style as the rest of the UI and looks very
> clunky; it's clearly not what is supposed to happen.

Finally I got it. The OP, in saying it needed to be 'flipped', referred
to horizontally, not vertically.

Yes, that's b0rken. Thanks.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
For security's sake all Windows should be barred.
Cybe R. Wizard

Old 09-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Marius Gedminas

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 09:09:25AM -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:56:38 +0100
> Avi Greenbury <lists@avi.co> wrote:
>
> > Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> > > >
> > > I fail to see the problem. The drop down arrow points down which
> > > is the direction that 'drop DOWN' is supposed to point.
> > > Left-to-right or right-to-left makes no difference to up/down.
> >
> > It's not the arrow really, it's the decoration round it. His most
> > recent image:
> >
> > http://i.imgur.com/VBBeL.png
> >
> > demonstrates it best. If you look at the left image, the lower
> > drop-down box has a red line on three sides of a rounded-edged
> > square, in order to highlight it as a button. These are on the top,
> > right and bottom sides of the square. The decoration on the drop-down
> > on the right is a full square, and actually looks complete.
> >
> > Neither is functionally broken, and neither causes the arrow to point
> > on the wrong direction, but from an aesthetic point of view, the left
> > one is not in the same style as the rest of the UI and looks very
> > clunky; it's clearly not what is supposed to happen.
> >
> Finally I got it. The OP, in saying it needed to be 'flipped', referred
> to horizontally, not vertically.

I'm somewhat amazed nobody tried to use ASCII art to explain the issue

The controls look like this:

|v]_______]

They should look like this:

[v|_______]

Marius Gedminas
--
Of course everyone knows that vim is the best text editor in the world. Anyone
who tells you differently is either wrong, lying, or criminally insane. (Or an

Old 09-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Frank

On Tue, 2012-09-11 at 13:07 +0100, Avi Greenbury wrote:
> Ibrahim Saed wrote:

> > 3- http://i.imgur.com/MEUnE.png

This [MB + - 255 Size:] looks weird to me.