Old 09-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Kaushal Shriyan

Default Understanding BIOS-e820

Hi,

Can someone please point me to some docs or tutorials to understand
BIOS-e820 which is shown in dmesg | head command.

Regards

Kaushal

Old 09-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Avi Greenbury

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> Can someone please point me to some docs or tutorials to understand
> BIOS-e820 which is shown in dmesg | head command.

How much depth are you after? Is there a specific question you're
trying to answer?

--
Avi

Old 09-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Kaushal Shriyan

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 4:03 AM, Avi Greenbury <lists@avi.co> wrote:
> Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>
>> Can someone please point me to some docs or tutorials to understand
>> BIOS-e820 which is shown in dmesg | head command.
>
> How much depth are you after? Is there a specific question you're
> trying to answer?
>
> --
> Avi

Hi Avi,

I have no clue about BIOS-e820. Help me understand about its use case
in Linux OS.

Regards

Kaushal

Old 09-10-2012, 02:07 PM
"compdoc"

> Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>
>> Can someone please point me to some docs or tutorials to understand
>> BIOS-e820 which is shown in dmesg | head command.

I never paid attention to it until your email. Have you looked at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E820