Old 09-09-2012, 05:32 AM
Doug

Default How to change critical level of battery in Ubuntu 12.04 ? & Is it safe to edit conf files of /etc/laptop-mode/ ?

On 09/09/2012 01:13 AM, Navdeep Singh Sidhu wrote:

Hello friends,

I have found the files i have been looking for. Now the question is ,
Is it safe to change the config files in directory /etc/laptop-mode/
files like auto-hibernate.conf to set the crtical level for
hibernation. & in all these configuration files '0' stands for true or
flase & same for '1'.

Thanks in advance !!!

Regards,
Navdeep Singh

Before you edit your file, make a copy of it. cp *filename*
*filename.bak* Or, instead of filename.bak, I frequently do
*filename.monthdayyear*
i.e., cp junk.conf junk.conf.090812 which helps you get back to a
particular file, if you are playing with the edits. (The listing will
tell you time.)

--doug