Old 09-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Colin Law

Default Sibelius Scorch under Wine

A couple of years ago (well 6 actually) Alan Pope provided some
instructions on getting Sibelius Scorch working under Wine [1] .
Unfortunately following them now provides a system that though it
basically works crashes repeatedly with "memory corruption in windows
process heaps". Does anyone have any more up to date experience with
this?

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/2762

Colin

Old 09-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Ric Moore

A couple of years ago (well 6 actually) Alan Pope provided some
instructions on getting Sibelius Scorch working under Wine [1] .
Unfortunately following them now provides a system that though it
basically works crashes repeatedly with "memory corruption in windows
process heaps". Does anyone have any more up to date experience with
this?

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/2762

Colin

I use the wine ppa for the latest wine and winetricks. Works a charm for
convoluted intricate Win programs under wine. I'm impressed that it has
evolved to the state it has today. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 09-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Liam Proven

On 8 September 2012 22:14, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> A couple of years ago (well 6 actually) Alan Pope provided some
> instructions on getting Sibelius Scorch working under Wine [1] .
> Unfortunately following them now provides a system that though it
> basically works crashes repeatedly with "memory corruption in windows
> process heaps". Does anyone have any more up to date experience with
> this?

I suppose the first question is simply: do you have the current
version of WINE installed and working, with Firefox running
successfully under it?

The other option would be VirtualBox with a very cut-down installation
of Windows in it. I use TinyXP for this purpose.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 09-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Colin Law

On 10 September 2012 14:00, Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 September 2012 22:14, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> A couple of years ago (well 6 actually) Alan Pope provided some
>> instructions on getting Sibelius Scorch working under Wine [1] .
>> Unfortunately following them now provides a system that though it
>> basically works crashes repeatedly with "memory corruption in windows
>> process heaps". Does anyone have any more up to date experience with
>> this?
>
> I suppose the first question is simply: do you have the current
> version of WINE installed and working, with Firefox running
> successfully under it?

I believe so (it is actually a remote family member I am supporting).
I am going to get her to try the latest Wine from ppa to see if that
helps.

> The other option would be VirtualBox with a very cut-down installation
> of Windows in it. I use TinyXP for this purpose.

That is an interesting idea. Thanks.

Colin

Old 09-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Colin Law

On 10 September 2012 08:50, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/08/2012 05:14 PM, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> A couple of years ago (well 6 actually) Alan Pope provided some
>> instructions on getting Sibelius Scorch working under Wine [1] .
>> Unfortunately following them now provides a system that though it
>> basically works crashes repeatedly with "memory corruption in windows
>> process heaps". Does anyone have any more up to date experience with
>> this?
>>
>> [1] https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/2762
>>
>> Colin
>

> I use the wine ppa for the latest wine and winetricks. Works a charm for
> convoluted intricate Win programs under wine. I'm impressed that it has
> evolved to the state it has today. Ric

I will get her to try Wine from the ppa.

Thanks

Colin

Old 09-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Ric Moore

A couple of years ago (well 6 actually) Alan Pope provided some
instructions on getting Sibelius Scorch working under Wine [1] .
Unfortunately following them now provides a system that though it
basically works crashes repeatedly with "memory corruption in windows
process heaps". Does anyone have any more up to date experience with
this?

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/2762

Colin

I use the wine ppa for the latest wine and winetricks. Works a charm for
convoluted intricate Win programs under wine. I'm impressed that it has
evolved to the state it has today. Ric

I will get her to try Wine from the ppa.

AND Winetricks... gotta have that one. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 09-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Colin Law

On 12 September 2012 10:30, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/10/2012 10:19 AM, Colin Law wrote:

>>> I use the wine ppa for the latest wine and winetricks. Works a charm for
>>> convoluted intricate Win programs under wine. I'm impressed that it has
>>> evolved to the state it has today. Ric
>>

>> I will get her to try Wine from the ppa.
>

> AND Winetricks... gotta have that one. Ric

Yes, thanks

Colin

Old 09-14-2012, 10:10 AM
"Joep L. Blom"