Old 09-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Gene Heskett

Default Need to double the number of spamd's running. How?

Greetings;

My pipe is just wide enough that the default 2 or 3 copies of spamd are
being overwhelmed at times and some mails are skipping the tests, I assume
because there is not a free copy of spamd to process them.

Where (in what file) do I add the -m=10 option to get more copies doing the
TSR thing?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Ask not for whom the telephone bell tolls...
if thou art in the bathtub, it tolls for thee.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Donkey Hottie

06.09.2012 21:30, Gene Heskett kirjoitti:
> Greetings;
>
> My pipe is just wide enough that the default 2 or 3 copies of spamd are
> being overwhelmed at times and some mails are skipping the tests, I assume
> because there is not a free copy of spamd to process them.
>
> Where (in what file) do I add the -m=10 option to get more copies doing the
> TSR thing?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers, Gene

/etc/default/spamassassin

Also, if you call it with spamc, spamc has an option -x, which returns
tempfail, if there is no spamd available, which should keep the mail in
queue for later retry.

--

A classic is something that everyone wants to have read
and nobody wants to read.