Old 09-06-2012, 05:38 AM
Liviu Andronic

Default kworker wakeup calls take 100% of CPU every ~1sec in Precise

Dear all
Using 12.04 with kernel 3.2.0 and latest updates on a Lenovo T61.

I have this nasty problem where a stray process, kworker or watchdog,
takes 100% of CPU every ~1sec. This causes UI freezes and essentially
renders Ubuntu unusable. Apparently this is a known issue related to
ACPI interrupt calls, but obviously it hasn't been fixed yet in the
kernel.

Do others experience the same issue? How do you deal with it? Regards
Liviu

PS A potential solution is suggested here [1], but I still have to test it.
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/717919/comments/33

--
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm