-   -   Unity alternative (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/700740-unity-alternative.html)

Felipe Dominguez 09-05-2012 10:26 AM

Unity alternative

Hello

i have been using Unity for a few day... and I just do not like it at all. I really think it misbehave.

It seems that Gnome 3 it is not much better...

is it there any alternative?

thanks

--
Jamón Ibérico de Bellota ( 3 años)
Entregas Gratuitas España, 15€ EU.

Like us on FACEBOOK...Gracias :-)

Ric Moore 09-05-2012 10:46 AM

Unity alternative

On 09/05/2012 06:26 AM, Felipe Dominguez wrote:

Hello

i have been using Unity for a few day... and I just do not like it at
all. I really think it misbehave.

It seems that Gnome 3 it is not much better...

is it there any alternative?
Plenty! I use XFCE and love it. Just fire up synaptic and enter xubuntu
in the search bar. Look for the xubuntu-desktop and install that. It'll
leave gnome and unity intact. Just select xfce when you login. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

R Kimber 09-05-2012 10:55 AM

Unity alternative

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 12:26:35 +0200
Felipe Dominguez wrote:

> Hello
>
> i have been using Unity for a few day... and I just do not like it at all.
> I really think it misbehave.
>
> It seems that Gnome 3 it is not much better...
>
> is it there any alternative?
>
> thanks

I use Mate.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources

Ben Stones 09-05-2012 10:55 AM

Unity alternative

As well as Xubuntu, there's Kubuntu that has a familiar interface
(taskbar, etc.) for users coming from Windows.

i have been using Unity for a few day... and I just do not like it at
all.

I really think it misbehave.

It seems that Gnome 3 it is not much better...

is it there any alternative?

thanks

Try Xubuntu.

Norman

09-05-2012 11:11 AM

Unity alternative

At this moment i am using lubuntu (lxde desktop) and its very fast.

There are a lot of desktop enviroments. The best way to find your desktop is try everyone at leats one week and make a search over internet about the best tools for any of this.

Easy to use: unity, gnome, kde, xfce, lubuntu

More difficult; fluxbox

Best regards and good luck!

Emiliano

Emiliano Vazquez | PcCentro S.R.L.