Old 09-04-2012, 02:09 AM
xq_dl

Default How to download the dependent packages at one time?

*I am want to install xCAT on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Codename: precise) on a machine which can not access the network. This software need lots of dependent software, like expect, libsys-virt-perl, etc.

*I have to search and download* *.deb file on another machine, and copy to this machine. But I found it is very difficult to get all dependent package at one time. I had to try "apt-get install xcat" again and again to fetch the dependent packages' name. Is there a way to download all packages for a distribution like the Redhat DVD iso?

Thanks.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Colin Law

On 4 September 2012 03:09, xq_dl <xq_dl@126.com> wrote:
> I am want to install xCAT on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Codename: precise) on a
> machine which can not access the network. This software need lots of
> dependent software, like expect, libsys-virt-perl, etc.
>
> I have to search and download *.deb file on another machine, and copy to
> this machine. But I found it is very difficult to get all dependent package
> at one time. I had to try "apt-get install xcat" again and again to fetch
> the dependent packages' name. Is there a way to download all packages for a
> distribution like the Redhat DVD iso?

Have a look at [1] it should help.

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallingSoftware#Use_the_Synaptic_package_downlo ad_script

Colin