-   -   Burning a DVD (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/699632-burning-dvd.html)

Bill Stanley 09-01-2012 02:17 AM

Burning a DVD

Hi,

I have a 5.1 GB .iso file that has to be burned to a DVD. The problem
is that the maximum capacity of a DVD-R is 4.7 GB. I don't think it is
possible to burn this .iso file to a single DVD. Does anybody know a
way to do it?

Bill Stanley

Bradley Hieber 09-01-2012 02:25 AM

Burning a DVD

You need a dual layer dvd and a dual layer writer

I have a 5.1 GB .iso file that has to be burned to a DVD. *The problem is that the maximum capacity of a DVD-R is 4.7 GB. *I don't think it is possible to burn this .iso file to a single DVD. *Does anybody know a way to do it?

Bill Stanley

Brad

Ernest Doub 09-01-2012 03:08 AM

Burning a DVD

You have to either compress the files that make the ISO so it will fit on a single DVD or eliminate whatever you can to trim it down to 4.7 GB.
Either that or burn it on 2 DVD or do a dual layer burn.
Since you are asking the question I assume you don't have a dual layer burner available.