Old 08-31-2012, 02:32 PM
william drescher

Default APC UPS losing comm with 12.04: WORKAROUND

On 8/29/2012 11:09 AM, william drescher wrote:

On 8/29/2012 9:54 AM, william drescher wrote:

When I start up my recently updated ubuntu unix (now at 12.04)
all works just fine and apcupsd and multimon.cgi and apcaccess
report good data. After about 30 min (rough guess) the system
console reports:

Aug 28 14:33:13 ubuntu3 kernel: [98814.108038] hub 2-0:1.0:
unable to enumerate USB device on port 3

and apaccess says status: COMMLOST

The usb plugs are tight.
I did have this problem before I updated from 10.04LTS

Anyone have any suggestions on how to debug/fix this ?

bill

In looking at the bugs, this problem seems to have been around on
and off since 2009 (or earlier), but I can't figure out the
current status/solutions

'bill

After reviewing the bug reports I tried the easy solution:
removing power from the computer for 5 minutes - not just
powering down, but shutting down and unplugging. Worked just
fine - APCUPSD died sometime more than an hour after startup and
less than 24 hours but was manually restarted without problem.

bill