Old 08-30-2012, 11:20 PM
Jay Ridgley

Default problem mounting an nfs partition after installing 12.04.1 LTS

Folks,

I just completed upgrading my wife's system to 12.04.1 LTS, no problems were
reported or observed.

Just prior to the upgrade I backed up her home directory to an archive
partition. Which is mounted manually as needed via nfs. No problems were
encountered.

After the upgrade I tried to mount the nfs partition (as a test) using:

sudo mount /big_archive

and received the following messages:

mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified

I tried:

sudo start statd
start: Job is already running: statd

I can ping the remote system successfully. The entry in /etc/fstab for
big_archive is:

koala:/nfs/cdjsys /big_archive nfs rw,noauto 0 0

The mount point exists.

ls -la /big_archive
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jan 29 2010 .
drwxr-xr-x 26 root root 4096 Aug 30 13:31 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jan 29 2010 **NOT_MOUNTED**

What have I missed?

--

Jay Ridgley
jridgley2@austin.rr.com

Old 09-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Avi Greenbury

Jay Ridgley wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I just completed upgrading my wife's system to 12.04.1 LTS, no
> problems were reported or observed.
>
> Just prior to the upgrade I backed up her home directory to an
> archive partition. Which is mounted manually as needed via nfs. No
> problems were encountered.

What are the versions of NFS on the client and the server?

--
Avi