Old 08-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Larry Shields

Default Thunderbird Question - Need some HELP!!!

I am having a problem with TB 14.0, when I try to write a message it
does not show all of my address contacts to the left side of the
message...I have tried using the F9 key which would bring up the address
contacts each time I would write a message which it did using TB 12.01...

Has something changed, and if so could someone tell me what I need to do
to have it work on TB 14.0

Thanks Larry

--
Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
by Ubuntu ver 12.4 Ultimate Edition 3.4

Reg# Linux User 484593

"This is Linux Country,
on a quiet night you can hear
WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"

Old 08-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Tommy Trussell

I am having a problem with TB 14.0, when I try to write a message it does not show all of my address contacts to the left side of the message...I have tried using the F9 key which would bring up the address contacts each time I would write a message which it did using TB 12.01...

Has something changed, and if so could someone tell me what I need to do to have it work on TB 14.0

I had never before used the F9 feature, but I just tried it and it works on my system. (Acer Netbook running Ubuntu 12.04 with all updates including Thunderbird 14.)

You might try logging out and back in to see if that makes a difference. If just F9 isn't working it could be that something is intercepting that key binding.*
I'm using Unity -- if you're using a different environment that could make a difference.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Albert Wagner

I am having a problem with TB 14.0, when I try to write a message it
does not show all of my address contacts to the left side of the
message...I have tried using the F9 key which would bring up the
address contacts each time I would write a message which it did using
TB 12.01...

Has something changed, and if so could someone tell me what I need to
do to have it work on TB 14.0

Thanks Larry

Just checking...did you use the "Address Book:" drop down list at the
top of the column? You can select "Collected" or "Personal" addresses.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:22 AM
Basil Chupin

I am having a problem with TB 14.0, when I try to write a message it
does not show all of my address contacts to the left side of the
message...I have tried using the F9 key which would bring up the
address contacts each time I would write a message which it did using
TB 12.01...

Has something changed, and if so could someone tell me what I need to
do to have it work on TB 14.0

Thanks Larry

You asked this same question 3 days ago and I provided you with a
possible answer. Why do you have to ask this same question again?

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.8.4 & kernel 3.5.3-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor

Old 08-31-2012, 04:10 PM
larry

I am having a problem with TB 14.0, when I try to write a message it
does not show all of my address contacts to the left side of the
message...I have tried using the F9 key which would bring up the
address contacts each time I would write a message which it did using
TB 12.01...

Has something changed, and if so could someone tell me what I need to
do to have it work on TB 14.0

Thanks Larry

You asked this same question 3 days ago and I provided you with a
possible answer. Why do you have to ask this same question again?

BC

Well sorry about that, but I never say it posted the first time...
So that is why I reposted it...

Larry

Old 08-31-2012, 04:14 PM
larry

I am having a problem with TB 14.0, when I try to write a message
it does not show all of my address contacts to the left side of
the message...I have tried using the F9 key which would bring up
the address contacts each time I would write a message which it
did using TB 12.01...

Has something changed, and if so could someone tell me what I need
to do to have it work on TB 14.0

I had never before used the F9 feature, but I just tried it and it
works on my system. (Acer Netbook running Ubuntu 12.04 with all
updates including Thunderbird 14.)

You might try logging out and back in to see if that makes a
difference. If just F9 isn't working it could be that something is
intercepting that key binding.

I'm using Unity -- if you're using a different environment that could
make a difference.

Thanks for the reply, but when you use the F9 key does it bring up your
address book names showing them on the left side of your new email
message...??
If it does, then there just maybe something different that is using the
F9 key instead of how it use to work.

Thanks Larry

Old 08-31-2012, 04:19 PM
larry

I am having a problem with TB 14.0, when I try to write a message it
does not show all of my address contacts to the left side of the
message...I have tried using the F9 key which would bring up the
address contacts each time I would write a message which it did using
TB 12.01...

Has something changed, and if so could someone tell me what I need to
do to have it work on TB 14.0

Thanks Larry

Just checking...did you use the "Address Book:" drop down list at the
top of the column? You can select "Collected" or "Personal" addresses.

Yes I know that using the address book, you can select Collected or
Personal addresses, I have my addresses listed in the Personal...

But that does not solve the problem in what I am having here...When I
write a new message after I had used the F9 key, my new email message
would all ways show my addresses to the left side of each new e mail
that I write...But not anymore...

Thanks Larry

Old 09-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Tommy Trussell

[...]

Yes, when I press the F9 key in Thunderbird, the addresses appear on the left side. I have never before used that feature, however-- I always use the autocomplete address feature in the address fields of the compose window.

It sounds like something is intercepting the F9 key. Either the keybinding has changed or some other application is grabbing it.*
You might try creating a new user account on your system and see if it works correctly there.