Old 08-30-2012, 04:51 AM

Default Setting up console-setup to be permanent? - still NOT SOLVED

csanyipal@gmail.com (Csányi Pál) writes:

> csanyipal@gmail.com (Csányi Pál) writes:
>
>> my system is Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS.
>>
>> I want to setup my console (the non X environment) with console-setup.
>> I want to this setup remain permanent so after the next boot I get the
>> console setup that I was setup with console-setup.
>>
>> How can I do that?
>
> I can do that by running 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data' after I
> had run 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup' and have the console setup
> that I want.
>
> When running 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data' I must to choose 'to
> keep the keyboard map'. After reboot I get the console as I had setup
> previously. So the console-setup remain permanently.

No, it's a mistake, I get not the console setup that I get by running
'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data' command after previous boot.

So this issue isn't solved yet.

Anybody knows the howto?

--
Regards from Pal

Old 08-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Tom H

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Csányi Pál <csanyipal@gmail.com> wrote:
> csanyipal@gmail.com (Csányi Pál) writes:
>> csanyipal@gmail.com (Csányi Pál) writes:
>>>
>>> my system is Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS.
>>>
>>> I want to setup my console (the non X environment) with console-setup.
>>> I want to this setup remain permanent so after the next boot I get the
>>> console setup that I was setup with console-setup.
>>
>> I can do that by running 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data' after I
>> had run 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup' and have the console setup
>> that I want.
>>
>> When running 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data' I must to choose 'to
>> keep the keyboard map'. After reboot I get the console as I had setup
>> previously. So the console-setup remain permanently.
>
> No, it's a mistake, I get not the console setup that I get by running
> 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data' command after previous boot.

WAG: Did you rebuild the initramfs?

Old 08-30-2012, 06:17 PM

Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Csányi Pál <csanyipal@gmail.com> wrote:
>> csanyipal@gmail.com (Csányi Pál) writes:

>>> I can do that by running 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data' after I
>>> had run 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup' and have the console setup
>>> that I want.
>>>
>>> When running 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data' I must to choose 'to
>>> keep the keyboard map'. After reboot I get the console as I had setup
>>> previously. So the console-setup remain permanently.
>>
>> No, it's a mistake, I get not the console setup that I get by running
>> 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data' command after previous boot.
>
> WAG: Did you rebuild the initramfs?

Manually? No, I didn't and I don't know whether any of commands abowe
in this thread did it.

--
Regards from Pal

Old 08-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Tom H

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Csányi Pál <csanyipal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> writes:

>>> No, it's a mistake, I get not the console setup that I get by running
>>> 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data' command after previous boot.
>>
>> WAG: Did you rebuild the initramfs?
>
> Manually? No, I didn't and I don't know whether any of commands abowe
> in this thread did it.

For the currently-running kernel:
update-initramfs -u -k $(uname -r)