Old 08-29-2012, 08:37 PM

Default Setting up console-setup to be permanent? - SOLVED

csanyipal@gmail.com (Csányi Pál) writes:

> my system is Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS.
>
> I want to setup my console (the non X environment) with console-setup.
> I want to this setup remain permanent so after the next boot I get the
> console setup that I was setup with console-setup.
>
> How can I do that?

I can do that by running 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data' after I
had run 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup' and have the console setup
that I want.

When running 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-data' I must to choose 'to
keep the keyboard map'. After reboot I get the console as I had setup
previously. So the console-setup remain permanently.

--
Regards from Pal