-   -   package for mail to news (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/697960-package-mail-news.html)

Thufir 08-26-2012 09:33 PM

package for mail to news

I'm using leafnode, http://leafnode.sourceforge.net, for nntp (usenet)
reading/posting. I would like to have some newsgroups as e-mail, as so:

6.1. Feeding Usenet news to email

In CNews, this is trivially done by adding one line to the sys file,
defining a new outgoing feed listing all the relevant groups and
distributions...

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Usenet-News-HOWTO/x714.html

I cannot find cnews in aptitude, and further searching on it makes me
think that it's defunct. (It's usenet, after all.)

Is there a package out there, which I'm just not finding, which sends
usenet to e-mail? This all just on my machine, no outside connections
(only leafnode is actually sending/receiving messages).

thanks,

Thufir