Old 09-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Ric Moore

Default LibreOffice with Unity buggy?

On 09/23/2012 06:38 AM, David Fletcher wrote:

On Sun, 2012-09-23 at 06:10 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:

Simple, either you did not install your nVidia driver correctly or your
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file was hosed somehow during your upgrade. Myself, I
never "upgrade". Too many old crufty setup/conf files get left behind
and Ubuntu can be a real moving target between versions. Nope, if I have
a problem with my nVidia setup, which I have had in the past, it'll be
because something wasn't set right in xorg.conf, and setting it right
fixes it. Every time. Sorry you had a bad time. But, installing that AMD
chipset meant you got some fresh config files and that worked. Ric

Sorry Ric, the wrong word popped out. I upgraded, by doing a fresh
install onto a swapped hard drive.

I use one of two hard drives at a time with a caddy system. The one I am
now using did have Hardy on it until I wiped it to install 12.04. The
drive I was previously using is now sitting safely on the shelf still
with the Maverick install. I'm getting cautious these days.

Good plan! I thought Fedora was a moving target. It doesn't take long at
all for the "new paradigm" to upset the old one. If somehow you're
sharing an existing /home directory between the two, that might prove to
be problamatic. I restore my /home directories, like Downloads,
Pictures, Videos, etc. But never the old dot-conf files nor /etc files,
unless I do that very judiciously. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html