Old 08-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Ansry User 01

Default workspace switching shortcut in ubuntu unity

How can I switch workspaces in Ubuntu Unity via keyboard?

Old 08-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Phil Dobbin

Ansry User 01 wrote:

> How can I switch workspaces in Ubuntu Unity via keyboard?

Ctrl-Alt-arrow keys.

Cheers,

Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 6.3, Debian Squeeze, Fedora Beefy, OS X Snow Leopard, Ubuntu Precise

Old 08-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Pongo Pan

On Sat, 2012-08-18 at 08:20 +0000, Ansry User 01 wrote:
> How can I switch workspaces in Ubuntu Unity via keyboard?

Control-Alt-<arrow key>

Hold down the super key (windows key, usually) for a cheat sheet of
keyboard stuff.

--
pongo pan
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 10:55:38 -0700

Old 08-18-2012, 09:15 PM
"Joep L. Blom"

How can I switch workspaces in Ubuntu Unity via keyboard?

CTRL-Fn (n=# of workspace).
Joep

Old 08-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Colin Law

On 18 August 2012 22:15, Joep L. Blom <jlblom@neuroweave.nl> wrote:
> On 18-08-12 10:20, Ansry User 01 wrote:
>>
>> How can I switch workspaces in Ubuntu Unity via keyboard?
>>

> CTRL-Fn (n=# of workspace).

Are you sure? That does not work for me (on Quantal alpha). Perhaps
you have manually mapped those keys, or perhaps it did work but has
been changed on Quantal.

Ctrl-Alt-arrowkeys does work.

Colin

Old 08-19-2012, 02:25 PM
"Joep L. Blom"

How can I switch workspaces in Ubuntu Unity via keyboard?

CTRL-Fn (n=# of workspace).

Are you sure? That does not work for me (on Quantal alpha). Perhaps
you have manually mapped those keys, or perhaps it did work but has
been changed on Quantal.

Ctrl-Alt-arrowkeys does work.

Colin

Joep

Colin,
I use ubuntu 10.04 with xfce and it works flawlessly just as in my
wife's system with xubuntu 12.04. I assume it's specific for xfce.

One more reason to use xfce.
Joep

Old 08-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Ric Moore

How can I switch workspaces in Ubuntu Unity via keyboard?

CTRL-Fn (n=# of workspace).

Are you sure? That does not work for me (on Quantal alpha). Perhaps
you have manually mapped those keys, or perhaps it did work but has
been changed on Quantal.

Ctrl-Alt-arrowkeys does work.
On a decent desktop you don't have to remove your hand from your mouse.
You just mouse over to an edge and pop into the next adjoining
workspace. Gnome never got that. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 08-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Liam Proven

On 19 August 2012 21:12, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/19/2012 04:13 AM, Colin Law wrote:

>>> CTRL-Fn (n=# of workspace).
>>

>> Are you sure? That does not work for me (on Quantal alpha). Perhaps
>> you have manually mapped those keys, or perhaps it did work but has
>> been changed on Quantal.
>>
>> Ctrl-Alt-arrowkeys does work.
>
> On a decent desktop you don't have to remove your hand from your mouse. You
> just mouse over to an edge and pop into the next adjoining workspace. Gnome
> never got that. Ric

To each their own, Ric. I've tried that setup. It drives me mad. It's
OK when dragging and dropping but in normal use I flip desktops every
time I go for a scrollbar or something and it is *infuriating*.

I agree it should be an option, but I gotta tell you, it's one I'd
leave turned off.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

Old 08-23-2012, 07:14 PM
"Jeff G."