Old 08-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Mr IT Guru

Default Getting rid of remaining Windows-XP Pro

On 17 Aug 2012, at 15:13, "Donald F. Parsons" <dfp10@verizon.net> wrote:

> On 08/17/2012 10:04 AM, Mr IT Guru wrote:
>> On 17 Aug 2012, at 15:01, Donald F. Parsons <dfp10@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I left two incomplete copies of Windows-XP Pro on miy main Ubuntu 12.04 machine.
>>> The OSs are listed as
>>> Windows-XP Pro
>>> Windows-XP Pro
>>> Ubuntu
>>> and I am supposed to select one and Enter.
>>> How can I delete these two Windows-XP Pro entries?
>>> Many thanks
>>> Don Parsons
>>>
>> What type of boot loader are you using? Grub, or Windows?
> I think it is grub
> Thanks
> Don

If the instances are 'bootable' (being bootable doesn't mean that they work), then update-grub will pick it up, and add an entry. You can manually edit your grub file to remove these entries, google is your friend, I'll let you google search to find the procedure! I call it …. user training!