Old 08-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Gene Heskett

Default Feature request

Hi all;
Running 10-04.4 LTS with just enough kde installed to be able to run kmail,
my favorite email agent.

From time to time I get an email worth forwarding, but to do so is a 10
minute or more PIMA.

The images that are attached to the incoming messages are never included in
the forwarded email. So I must save then one by one, start a new message,
and attach the saved images anew.

Or is there some option I need to turn on someplace that will enable that
function?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
To thine own self be true. (If not that, at least make some money.)

Old 08-06-2012, 02:36 AM
Basil Chupin

On 06/08/12 08:16, Gene Heskett wrote:

Hi all;
Running 10-04.4 LTS with just enough kde installed to be able to run kmail,
my favorite email agent.

>From time to time I get an email worth forwarding, but to do so is a 10
minute or more PIMA.

The images that are attached to the incoming messages are never included in
the forwarded email. So I must save then one by one, start a new message,
and attach the saved images anew.

Or is there some option I need to turn on someplace that will enable that
function?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene

Yes. The option is to install and use Thunderbird.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.8.4 & kernel 3.5.0-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor

Old 08-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Mika Suomalainen

Old 08-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Nils Kassube

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Running 10-04.4 LTS with just enough kde installed to be able to run
> kmail, my favorite email agent.
>
> From time to time I get an email worth forwarding, but to do so is a
> 10 minute or more PIMA.
>
> The images that are attached to the incoming messages are never
> included in the forwarded email. So I must save then one by one,
> start a new message, and attach the saved images anew.

It always worked for me if I select the message I want to forward and
then in the menu I select Message -> Forward -> Inline…
The attachments are always included already and there is no need to
temporarily save them.

Nils

Old 08-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Gene Heskett

On Monday 06 August 2012 11:16:02 Nils Kassube did opine:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Running 10-04.4 LTS with just enough kde installed to be able to run
> > kmail, my favorite email agent.
> >
> > From time to time I get an email worth forwarding, but to do so is a
> > 10 minute or more PIMA.
> >
> > The images that are attached to the incoming messages are never
> > included in the forwarded email. So I must save then one by one,
> > start a new message, and attach the saved images anew.
>
> It always worked for me if I select the message I want to forward and
> then in the menu I select Message -> Forward -> Inline…
> The attachments are always included already and there is no need to
> temporarily save them.
>

> Nils

I will give that another try. Thanks Nils.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
No problem is insoluble.
-- Dr. Janet Wallace, "The Deadly Years", stardate 3479.4

Old 01-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Joel Ewing

Hello,
I am wondering if including an option to install LibreOffice during the Xubuntu installation (in place of or alongside Abiword and Gnumeric) could be considered for an upcoming release of Xubuntu.

Recently, I was part of a group to decide what Linux distribution should be chosen to run on a fleet of old laptops that were owned by a school.* I suggested Xubuntu, but my suggestion was ignored partly because Xubuntu does not come with LibreOffice.* Although Abiword and Gnumeric are great at what they do, many users seem to gravitate towards LibreOffice because it is more fully-featured.* I would appreciate if the developers could look into this matter.

Thank you.

Joel Ewing

Old 01-08-2014, 08:45 AM
PK

LibreOffice in Xubuntu seems a good idea to me. The only disadvantage I can think of, is that the iso probably won't fit on a 1 GB USB memory stick anymore.

But 1 GB memory sticks have gone the way of the dinosaurs a long time ago, so that's no real problem, I think. Heck, I myself probably can't even find the 1 GB stick that I still have somewhere....* :-)

Regards, Pjotr.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Stephen Michael Kellat

While there are other replies to this, I'm going to address this from a different angle perhaps.

Typically the time for feature requests to be made is before the development cycle begins. We can still receive such now but it will have to be bound over until the next development cycle generally. There is a deadline during the development cycle for establishing what will happen during a release that is common to all flavors.

As to shipping the packages and making an installation option, that's actually a very messy thing to do. Patches would likely need to be made to the installer for Xubuntu only to handle such. Consultation with upstream would be required to see if the patches would be accepted but this does not seem to generally bring value to all flavors who happen to use the same installer as us.

The package "ubuntu-defaults-builder" can be used for making your own bespoke version of Xubuntu. The documentation for doing so is somewhat lacking and requires some hacking. Other tools exist for making your own re-spins.

Right now the priority is to prepare to deliver the 14.04 Long Term Support release. This would be a big thing to switch gears on mid-way to try to accommodate now. A specification could be drafted for 14.10 and refined until we start looking at ideas in late April/early May for that cycle.

I'm sorry we couldn't have a more accommodating answer at this time. The tempo of the release cycle remains fixed. We march ever onward to the drum's beat.

Stephen Michael Kellat
Member, Xubuntu Team/Xubuntu Documentation
(Stealing a moment over lunch in the basement cafeteria at work)

Old 01-08-2014, 05:22 PM
PK

OK, I understand. Thanks for explaining....

Regards, Pjotr.