Old 11-28-2007, 01:47 AM
"Richard Mancusi"

Default FireFox serious problem

On Nov 27, 2007 8:40 PM, John Dangler <jdangler@terremark.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure why, but as of today, I can no longer bookmark any pages
> nor download files in FF.
> When selecting either of these functions, I get an error dialog that
> says -
> (For Bookmarks)
> "XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
> Location: chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/addBookmark2.xul
> Line Number 1, Column 7:
>
> </tree>
> ---------^
>
> (for downloads)
> "XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
> Location: chrome://mozapps/content/downloads/downloads.xul
> Line Number 1, Column 13:
> ompter.alert(window, title, text);
> -------------^
>
> Anyone else seen this?

I see that there are firefox updates - did you do them? Just
wondering if this is the cause.

-rich

Old 11-28-2007, 01:55 AM
Caleb Marcus

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 21:40 -0500, John Dangler wrote:

I'm not sure why, but as of today, I can no longer bookmark any pages
nor download files in FF.
When selecting either of these functions, I get an error dialog that
says -
(For Bookmarks)
"XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/addBookmark2.xul
Line Number 1, Column 7:

</tree>
---------^

(for downloads)
"XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: chrome://mozapps/content/downloads/downloads.xul
Line Number 1, Column 13:
ompter.alert(window, title, text);
-------------^

Anyone else seen this?

I had this problem after I updated Firefox, but restarting it fixed it.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:08 PM
"John Dangler"

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 21:55 -0500, Caleb Marcus wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 21:40 -0500, John Dangler wrote:
> > I'm not sure why, but as of today, I can no longer bookmark any pages
> > nor download files in FF.
> > When selecting either of these functions, I get an error dialog that
> > says -
> > (For Bookmarks)
> > "XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
> > Location: chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/addBookmark2.xul
> > Line Number 1, Column 7:
> >
> > </tree>
> > ---------^
> >
> > (for downloads)
> > "XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
> > Location: chrome://mozapps/content/downloads/downloads.xul
> > Line Number 1, Column 13:
> > ompter.alert(window, title, text);
> >
> > Anyone else seen this?
> >

> I had this problem after I updated Firefox, but restarting it fixed
> it.

Richard, Caleb -Yep. Restarting FF on the next session did it.
Apparently, the plugins and extensions update threw something, but the
restart cleared it up. Thanks for the input.