Old 07-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Colin Law

Default Dash contents missing

On one of my machines, running 12.04, Unity-2d (I don't know whether
that is significant), sometimes the Dash does not show correctly.
Just the window control buttons are drawn, and the background. I
can't see anything of note in the logs. Once it gets into this mode I
have to logout and back in to recover. I can't find anything similar
in launchpad. Has anyone any suggestions what I might kill and
restart (or whatever) to recover without logging out. I am waiting
till I have diagnosed a bit more before submitting a bug. I have not
yet worked out what it is that puts it in this mode, if it is indeed
something I am doing.

Colin