-   -   building gkrellm (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/687733-building-gkrellm.html)

"Joep L. Blom" 07-26-2012 01:37 PM

building gkrellm

I have a problem with upgrading gkrellm from version 2.3.4 to 2.3.5.
I am running (still) Lucid as I dead upgrading.
However. when I want to install with gdebi installer
gkrellm_2.3.5-3_amd64.deb it comes with all sort of dependency errors.
OK I download the individual files which are missing (i.e. a version too
old) but it kept going on anjd on and every package I install asks for
another younger version of a package I have.
Is there a better way to install an upgrade for Ubuntu Lucid (supported
until 2014) of a standard package when it is not explicitly recompiled
for a still supported version?

Joep

Oliver Grawert 07-26-2012 01:54 PM

building gkrellm

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 26.07.2012, 15:37 +0200 schrieb Joep L. Blom:
> I have a problem with upgrading gkrellm from version 2.3.4 to 2.3.5.
> I am running (still) Lucid as I dead upgrading.
> However. when I want to install with gdebi installer
> gkrellm_2.3.5-3_amd64.deb it comes with all sort of dependency errors.
> OK I download the individual files which are missing (i.e. a version too
> old) but it kept going on anjd on and every package I install asks for
> another younger version of a package I have.
> Is there a better way to install an upgrade for Ubuntu Lucid (supported
> until 2014) of a standard package when it is not explicitly recompiled
> for a still supported version?
how about https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports ? 2.3.5-3 is in
quantal, it shouldnt be a problem to ask for a backport here if the
build dependencies arent to weird (file a request bug, the backports
team will be able to judge)

ciao
oli

"Joep L. Blom" 07-26-2012 08:42 PM

[...]