Old 07-25-2012, 07:48 AM
Dileep Nayak

Default Regarding installation failed

Hi All,
*
I have tried this at least 20 times since last week without success.
*
I did the following steps to install ubantu 10.04 ISO.
1. I installed new window XP.
2. I took the ubantu 10.04 ISO and put int the D drive.
3. mounted using powerISO to some virtual dive for example H.
4. Executed the wubi installer and select the install ubantu inside the window from the dialog Box and in D drive.*It took around 40 seconds to copy the files and may be for ubantu installatin and asked for system reboot.

4*I rebooted the*system and tried to logged into the ubantu now.
5. After 30 seconds, the*ubantu CLI prompt appeared and says "*initramfs# couldn't find the*instalation iso in /usr/ubantu/instalation.ISO". While i saw this ISO is*there in the D drive using logging into the window XP.

*
Please let me know what i have been missing. i did same procedure to install it two months back.*ubantu got installed successfully that time.
*
*
Thanks*
Dileep