-   -   problem with wifi connection on thinkpad T420, Ubuntu 12.04 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/686833-problem-wifi-connection-thinkpad-t420-ubuntu-12-04-a.html)

Fang Xin 07-24-2012 07:18 AM

problem with wifi connection on thinkpad T420, Ubuntu 12.04

Hi,*
I installed ubuntu 12.04 on my thinkpad T420, and experienced problem with wifi connection. I used wubi installer on my original windows 7.I can see the list of access point, for those without password, I can successfully connect to. But for those with password, always fail.

I remember on the first day of installation, the wireless works fine, but I don't know what happened.
I set my handphone as a hot spot and again T420 cannot connect to it.

There is always the pop-up requiring to key in the id and password for internet access, I do enter the correct id and pw.
Can anyone kindly enlighten me how to deal with such a problem?

Best regards,Fang Xin

Md Ashickur Rahman Noor 07-24-2012 07:26 AM

problem with wifi connection on thinkpad T420, Ubuntu 12.04

I face same problem some time after my router restart. What I do just restart the wifi of my Laptop form network manager applet. All sets ok then. ----------------------------------------------------------

Dedicated Linux Forum in Bangladesh
2048R/89C932E1
Coordinator- Public Relation Cell , FOSS Bangladesh && Mozilla Reps

01199151550, 01551151550